Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI software denying flight

mystic1

Join
Dec 21, 2018
So its my understanding that DJI out of the box is preprogrammed not to take off if your any where near an airport , so its imbedded into the drone software not the controller im only asking because I saw a hack on youtube to fly with just the remote not your phone and I tried it it flew for about 5 min( in my house) and then it landed and now it won't do that hack anymore can anyone confirm this?

So its my understanding that DJI out of the box is preprogrammed not to take off if your any where near an airport , so its imbedded into the drone software not the controller im only asking because I saw a hack on youtube to fly with just the remote not your phone and I tried it it flew for about 5 min( in my house) and then it landed and now it won't do that hack anymore can anyone confirm this?

NFZ info definitely not embedded in DJI Remote Control firmware because it has no GPS antenna.

Have you tried factory default reset of both aircraft and remote? You will need to re-pair the devices but that should restore original settings.

I bought a Tello to practice flying indoors. It's not too late to add to your Xmas wish list!!!

NFZ info definitely not embedded in DJI Remote Control firmware because it has no GPS antenna.

Have you tried factory default reset of both aircraft and remote? You will need to re-pair the devices but that should restore original settings.

I bought a Tello to practice flying indoors. It's not too late to add to your Xmas wish list!!!
I actually did reset everything updated the firmware and now it flies thanks for the heads up

Reactions: Larry Woodruff
While flying indoors it probebly did not have a GPS-fix yet, so it didn't know where it was on the planet.
As soon as it did get a GPS-fix it knew it's position and was in a NFZ.
Yes, the NFZ-database is stored in the drone itself.

mine lets me fly within 5 miles.. its the 2 miles it denys you all it should do is make you check mark a box sometimes that says you agree to take the risk.... it only stops you from flying when your at an airport or in 2 miles.. and its hit or miss on the system sometimes it does it sometimes it dont..

I still believe its the phone and the DJI GO 4 App that limits the drone from flying I have flown the spark in my house without the phone just the controller linked to the spark and I live less than a mile from my little airport

and the key is inside my house!!!!!

I still believe its the phone and the DJI GO 4 App that limits the drone from flying I have flown the spark in my house without the phone just the controller linked to the spark and I live less than a mile from my little airport

and the key is inside my house!!!!!

Like mentioned before, it's stored on the drone it self. Inside your house there is no GPS signal most likely; so the drone will fly as it has no idea where it is on the planet.

Like mentioned before, it's stored on the drone it self. Inside your house there is no GPS signal most likely; so the drone will fly as it has no idea where it is on the planet.
if its stored on the drone itself then why does it fly with just the remote itself? but when I put the phone on it and link it to the app it won't so that's why I believe that its the phone getting the GPS signal and the app restricting the flights because of the proximity of the airport I live near

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme