Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Choppy Video Feed

Syed93

Join
Feb 17, 2018
Hi,

I am a new user to the DJI Spark, and am getting used to things and operating my drone. Now, first off, I haven't taken the spark out to fly yet, as I do not have a memory card installed yet and am waiting for some prop guards to arrive.

I have recently come across an issue however, which is when I'm at home and I turn on my spark, connect it to the controller and my my phone to the controller via WiFi, I get pretty dreadful video feed. As a side note, I haven't got an OTG cable yet but will be investing in this too.

As for the issue, the video feed is extremely choppy and laggy. This means that the frame would stay stuck at one image, and the feed would not move as the camera does, often getting mixed and creating a huge mess of things.

Is there a specific reason for this? I've been looking everywhere for a solution, though can't seem to find any relevant answers. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and downloaded the latest version of DJI GO 4, so I was expecting better!

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Have you tried using it outside yet? This would troubleshoot whether it’s the phone not having enough memory, which you can boost by shuting off all non-essential apps and services. Apps refreshing or running in the background are also potential problems. Running a screen recorder uses a lot memory as well.
Or it could simply be interference from other sources when indoors. All this should be answered, when trying the aircraft outside. If it lags that much, an OTG may not resolve the issue. Unless it does turn out to be an extreme interference issue and not your devices cpu or memory.

Hi,

I am a new user to the DJI Spark, and am getting used to things and operating my drone. Now, first off, I haven't taken the spark out to fly yet, as I do not have a memory card installed yet and am waiting for some prop guards to arrive.

I have recently come across an issue however, which is when I'm at home and I turn on my spark, connect it to the controller and my my phone to the controller via WiFi, I get pretty dreadful video feed. As a side note, I haven't got an OTG cable yet but will be investing in this too.

As for the issue, the video feed is extremely choppy and laggy. This means that the frame would stay stuck at one image, and the feed would not move as the camera does, often getting mixed and creating a huge mess of things.

Is there a specific reason for this? I've been looking everywhere for a solution, though can't seem to find any relevant answers. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and downloaded the latest version of DJI GO 4, so I was expecting better!

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Do you have any Bluetooth devices turned on in the area?

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Thanks for the replies! I dont have bluetooth on in the area and normally try to have the minimum amount of interference from my phone.

Perhaps I should take it outside and give it a go!

Have you tried using it outside yet? This would troubleshoot whether it’s the phone not having enough memory, which you can boost by shuting off all non-essential apps and services. Apps refreshing or running in the background are also potential problems. Running a screen recorder uses a lot memory as well.
Or it could simply be interference from other sources when indoors. All this should be answered, when trying the aircraft outside. If it lags that much, an OTG may not resolve the issue. Unless it does turn out to be an extreme interference issue and not your devices cpu or memory.

So I took my spark outside, i had good wifi connection with the RC and a good GPS signal, but was having the same choppy video feed. I've got enough memory on my phone so i cannot pinpoint that as the issue, and background apps were turned off!

What would you (or anyone) recommend I do next?

So I took my spark outside, i had good wifi connection with the RC and a good GPS signal, but was having the same choppy video feed. I've got enough memory on my phone so i cannot pinpoint that as the issue, and background apps were turned off!

What would you (or anyone) recommend I do next?

Try to avoid recording video on your phone, so turn off cache recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast