Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DOnt miss Hope on DJI repair service

espadasmoran

Join
Feb 14, 2018
I few months ago (November) i crashed my spark into a wall in sport mode, YES, it sound like a noob, but i have 1 year flying and i consider myself 8 from 10 as pilot.
Well, i was 3pm on a sunny Day in Monterrey, Mexico, as usual at this time of the year is wind in the morning and hot, then in the afternoon cold a zero wind, its Monterrey after all, ok ill keep with the story. I was recording a Skate cross competition (Male Finals) and took off the spark, started recording, followed my recording paths etc, then when i decided to made come back my drone to Home manually in sport mode because it was very far from me, it just never stopped when i commanded, then the inevitable happened, everyone heard the crashing noise to a concrete wall with a big (UUUUUHHHHHHH) of the crowd, after hit the ground the battery pop out a few yards from the ground crash, and the gimball had the support broke, with a long face i walked to the spark picked up all pieces and putted inside my bag.
After 2 weeks i decieded to repaired my self, gluing the gimball support, swapping into new propellers and recharging battery; i took the spark outside and the behavior was really strange, couldn't fly properly, so i decided to repaired with DJI, and they charged my $400 for the repair, i way upper than a brand new one, i was looking for a Mavic air in that moment for replacement instead, but before purchasing the mavic air, i sent an email to [email protected] and suddengly they answered with a please send the flight logs, and obviuosly answered with a big YOU GUYS HAVE MY DRONE (face palm); they reply with a oh sorry, after a few one day they reply with a with checked your log flights and there is an anomalies, could you please tell us the crash day? Answered, then a reply with you will receive in the next 7 days you spark replacement :D.

Dont miss hope :D

Sorry my bad English

Attachments

• spark.png
    spark.png
    179 KB · Views: 49
Great story! I think your English is fine. It's nice to hear a happy ending :)

I few months ago (November) i crashed my spark into a wall in sport mode, YES, it sound like a noob, but i have 1 year flying and i consider myself 8 from 10 as pilot.
Well, i was 3pm on a sunny Day in Monterrey, Mexico, as usual at this time of the year is wind in the morning and hot, then in the afternoon cold a zero wind, its Monterrey after all, ok ill keep with the story. I was recording a Skate cross competition (Male Finals) and took off the spark, started recording, followed my recording paths etc, then when i decided to made come back my drone to Home manually in sport mode because it was very far from me, it just never stopped when i commanded, then the inevitable happened, everyone heard the crashing noise to a concrete wall with a big (UUUUUHHHHHHH) of the crowd, after hit the ground the battery pop out a few yards from the ground crash, and the gimball had the support broke, with a long face i walked to the spark picked up all pieces and putted inside my bag.
After 2 weeks i decieded to repaired my self, gluing the gimball support, swapping into new propellers and recharging battery; i took the spark outside and the behavior was really strange, couldn't fly properly, so i decided to repaired with DJI, and they charged my $400 for the repair, i way upper than a brand new one, i was looking for a Mavic air in that moment for replacement instead, but before purchasing the mavic air, i sent an email to [email protected] and suddengly they answered with a please send the flight logs, and obviuosly answered with a big YOU GUYS HAVE MY DRONE (face palm); they reply with a oh sorry, after a few one day they reply with a with checked your log flights and there is an anomalies, could you please tell us the crash day? Answered, then a reply with you will receive in the next 7 days you spark replacement :D.

Dont miss hope :D

Sorry my bad English

Excellent! Your English is way better than my Spanish!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef