Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Downward Infrared sensor failure

Oilman62

Join
Jun 27, 2019
About halfway through my flight with the Spark I received the error message "Downward Infared sensor failure". Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? Fog was starting to roll in but it wasn't really foggy where the drone was.

Even though the fog may have not been present in your location, the atmosphere is satiated with moisture and it doesn't take much to "fog" the sensors and give the error.

Especially with the prop wash whirling around the Spark which may generate a little bit of condensation on the lens in a moist environment.

Reactions: VladTheHungarian
Even though the fog may have not been present in your location, the atmosphere is satiated with moisture and it doesn't take much to "fog" the sensors and give the error.

Especially with the prop wash whirling around the Spark which may generate a little bit of condensation on the lens in a moist environment.
Thanks for the help.

About halfway through my flight with the Spark I received the error message "Downward Infared sensor failure". Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? Fog was starting to roll in but it wasn't really foggy where the drone was.

One thing to be mindful of when you get this error message is that you may get erratic ascend-descend speeds. In some cases, the AC may even ascend on its own and before you realise what happened, you may lose VLOS.
There are quite a few cases documented in this forum. I am sharing a recent one which comes to mind.

One thing to be mindful of when you get this error message is that you may get erratic ascend-descend speeds. In some cases, the AC may even ascend on its own and before you realise what happened, you may lose VLOS.
There are quite a few cases documented in this forum. I am sharing a recent one which comes to mind.

Yep, been there done that, got the cracked lens ? . Stay away from fog/mist!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast