Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dronie, Rocket, Helix Quickshot's ALL DON'T WORK!

Great new info, but for me it still didn't work. I was able to select the controller icon, select quick shot, select the subject, then press dronie, then re select dronie, then move the slider to the minimum distance....10 meters (about 30ft), then select the green check mark (the first time I forgot this step), then hit go. But Spark just flew backwards over 100ft, did not increase altitude at all, and I aborted. Only did it once because it was starting to get dark and I wasn't in a large enough area to be testing functions I don't understand or aren't working correctly. Sample size of one.....

Same for me. Doesn't matter what the setting is, it just keeps on flying away ;) even past the max distance limit I have in the settings.

Since it is not in the manual (at least yet), perhaps the slider is actually non functional at this point?
Are you pressing and holding on the slider to get it to move? (even though the actual setting does not seem to do anything yet?)

I sure wish someone from DJI would come in and comment on this....
I didn't have any problem moving the slider. I forgot to hit the green check icon the first time, but I'm sure I got it the second time. It still flew backwards way more than 33ft before I aborted. I will try it again tomorrow when I'm in a larger open area. I think it is interesting I have my units of measure set for imperial, but it still displays metric on the slider.

I haven't tried the quick shots after Changing the slider, since I live in Arizona and its been like 118 in the afternoon. Once I try it this morning, I will report back here

Same for me. Doesn't matter what the setting is, it just keeps on flying away ;) even past the max distance limit I have in the settings.
I have confirmed the slider works for rocket. Set the distance low and rocket only ascended to the height I had set. Haven't tried dronie yet.

I have confirmed the slider works for rocket. Set the distance low and rocket only ascended to the height I had set. Haven't tried dronie yet.
I was able to use the slider on rocket and it worked for me too.
I'm still not able to get dronie to work. I set the distance at 10meters again and let it go out twice that far and aborted.
Based on repeat dronie failures and my one very bad experience with Helix, I won't try the Helix. I was able to use the slider on Helix to reduce the distance, but I won't try it until dronie works. Helix just takes off and I don't want anything ugly!

Same here. Rocket slider works but dronie slider doesn't seem to have ant effect at all.

Before everyone freaks out. So far I love the spark! I dont have any experience with recent DJI products, but I have been flying drones for over 4 years. This post is meant to help me learn if I'm doing something wrong, or if others are experiencing the same thing. BTW I've already posted this in another dji forum but thought i would post here as well (sorry to duplicate)....

All the Quickshot modes I have tried dont work... (I Haven't tried circle yet.)

Dronie: I have tried dronie multiple times. Each time it stays flat, not gaining any altitude, but reversing like normal.
video:
flight log photo: https://goo.gl/photos/3iH87UwkbqDYb3wq6

Rocket: Tried rocket yesterday in a medium wind (5-10mph). Spark immediatly started drifting in the direction of the wind and continued climbing while clearly not tracking the subject. While not using quickshots, Spark can hover perfectly still and even climb without drifting at all.
video:
flight log photo: https://goo.gl/photos/5vwGasYw4QSqrtUT6

Helix: Tried it on top of a hill with light wind (5-10mph). Spark tracked me while starting manuver (gained altitude and started first turn) Once it started its first turn it lost track of subject, was still trying to finish manuver, until wifi cut out and initiated return-to-home. Once RTH was initiated (due to lost wifi signal) the helix video recording automatically stopped and i couldnt recconnect to "spark wifi" for about 1 min later (SCARY) until it was directly above me while auto-landing.
video:
flight log photo: https://goo.gl/photos/7gJExg2GVcSP6wAU9

Can someone tell me if there is a way while flying the Spark in quickshot mode using DJI Go 4 if the subject tracking has been lost?

Either way, I have a feeling other people are experiencing the same issuesk. If so, do you think its software related, and can be fixed with firmware updates?

I personally picked the Spark over the Mavic SPECIFICALLY for the Quickshots, so I can record these shots and still be in the them with my family.

Has anyone had success with these modes?
I think after picking what shot that you want you need to high yourself or the subject and click GO did u try that yet?

Nice to see that it is possible to modify the parameters of the 'intelligent flights', i will try. I could only perform the Dronie and not the orbital or the helix or the Rocket. Even pressing the 3 of them always the Dronie is executed. I have the last release 3.4.22 of the software. Thanks for suggestions

Reactions: cooljack
My spark wont do anything else than the droni move.. it dont Care if i tap in cycle ore helox... it allways goes back and up in the Sky...

Nice to see that it is possible to modify the parameters of the 'intelligent flights', i will try. I could only perform the Dronie and not the orbital or the helix or the Rocket. Even pressing the 3 of them always the Dronie is executed. I have the last release 3.4.22 of the software. Thanks for suggestions
Same here!!!

I was having this exact same problem. I noticed I wasn't in GPS mode, yet my GPS was on . So I unplugged my OTG cable and voila, I'm in GPS mode and all my Quickshots work again!

Spark
Spark Remote Controller
Android Phone: Samsung Note
OTG Cable, but not anymore
All firmware and Go 4 updates current

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast