Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Even sadder with the Mavic Mini

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
Product release today BUT
20-25 days to ship

AND 0% of the accessories are in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Just in time for the Christmas buying season. The marketeers at DJI figured with the Spark no longer generating revenue, they would attract potential buyers by dangling a new product whether they could get it or not right now. DJI has an ad on this very page with a "BUY NOW" button. Time will tell if it's worth the wait. I have no doubt it'll sell.

Well, I am waiting for spring, as I have mentioned before... will do some winter flights with Sparky! As its rumored that the M3 is coming sometime late January 2020, I am hoping that will drive down the M2 prices.... then again, I might not be able to resist the M3.... the house is sold now, I move out tomorrow, so the funds are coming! Woo hoo! I would enjoy some PMshop4 Mini flights as you are a good tester... We'd all benefit from your experiences. 2.7 is very respectable, I dont have a monitor that does 4k yet, our TV is 1080, but the retina display in the Macbook is capable of the 2.7, and it looks pretty darn sweet. As for the Skydio, I am not sold (yet)... I am not really into all that action stuff, agility has sailed away from this old ship!

The bitrate on your Mavic Air far outclasses the MIni's so I am surprised given the respectable size of the Air that you might get a Mini... but I think you are a drone-a-holic, so perhaps I am not so surprised! ;)

Well, I am waiting for spring, as I have mentioned before... will do some winter flights with Sparky! As its rumored that the M3 is coming sometime late January 2020, I am hoping that will drive down the M2 prices.... then again, I might not be able to resist the M3.... the house is sold now, I move out tomorrow, so the funds are coming! Woo hoo! I would enjoy some PMshop4 Mini flights as you are a good tester... We'd all benefit from your experiences. 2.7 is very respectable, I dont have a monitor that does 4k yet, our TV is 1080, but the retina display in the Macbook is capable of the 2.7, and it looks pretty darn sweet. As for the Skydio, I am not sold (yet)... I am not really into all that action stuff, agility has sailed away from this old ship!

The bitrate on your Mavic Air far outclasses the MIni's so I am surprised given the respectable size of the Air that you might get a Mini... but I think you are a drone-a-holic, so perhaps I am not so surprised! ;)

SEE DJI?
Listen to this man
I need a Mavc Mini to review :D

That beautiful spread from your videos is sold? Those were nice digs as was the expanse of land around it. ?
No, the Canadian paradise house and property is still his. The house that sold was his mother's house in Ontario.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Ha ha, ya, I should have been more specific... my mom passed earlier this year, and I have been managing her property in the city until we could get it sold. Deal closes next Wednesday, I wanted to be out a little ahead of time. I've been living there part time for 12 years, acting as caregiver for the last few, camping there rent free during the week so I could continue working at my city job. She almost made it to her 96th birthday. So ya, my goal is to retire in a little, and spend ALL my time at that home amidst the moose and the bears!

The Inspire? I would go for it but dont think I'd be getting married anymore. She who must be obeyed and all that!!!!! Happy wife, happy life... and so on. She cringes at the sound of $2300 CDN for a Mav2Zoom... (flymore, refresh etc...) US prices are much nicer, but our hospital stays are free!:cool:

Sounds like your Mom was fortunate to have such a son. Both my parents passed years ago, so I know where you're coming from. I been retired coming up on two years after 38 years on the job. I feel blessed to have been able to have such a career, but when it was time to go, I never looked back and am enjoying life "off the clock". My son in law is from London, Ontario so I'm just a little familiar with life on both sides of the border. You couldn't be more right than "happy wife, happy life". Hope all goes well for you and yours.

The Inspire? I would go for it but dont think I'd be getting married anymore. She who must be obeyed and all that!!!!! Happy wife, happy life... and so on. She cringes at the sound of $2300 CDN for a Mav2Zoom... (flymore, refresh etc...) US prices are much nicer, but our hospital stays are free!:cool:
I understand your position with the wife thing for sure. However, the price you will pay for your Mav2 Zoom, is in my opinion considered a reward from your mom for the care given over the past years. And also for taking care of all of the details after her passing as well. I'm sure that she would approve of your new toy. ;) :)

Product release today BUT
20-25 days to ship

AND 0% of the accessories are in stock.
because it dont sell to the public till the 11th of this month.. dji fudged up and let you preorder the drone ... but didnt say it was a preorder just stated will ship within 7-10 days ie on the 11th... then another 3 weeks where ever you live... they just wanted those presales numbers to boost their numbers on paper to investors... thats why the acessories say out of stock.. so dont worry .. i preorderd one.. i hope they ship like they promiss they have 430 of my money if they dont im gunna be pissed

Best Buy has been saying 11/11... So perhaps try a Pre-order there, and if it works, cancel any other orders from DJI

I wouldn't put my hopes up. I think the 2 is still too new and there is no real competition yet spec-wise. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the Mavic 2 Pro up for the entirety of 2020 at least...
Well, its just a rumor... but I get your way of thinking...

Been reading over in MavicPilots about IMU issues with M2P and flyaways and crashes. While its perhaps not a big issue, there have been a few reports and there seems to be some that also point to the Mavic Air.. Which makes one perhaps a little leary if you were pondering an upgrade to one of the those models, but it may not be that significant if an issue? Who knows.. But some people in that forum are looking deep it seems.

Since no one has a Mavic Mini other than the seemingly growing number of reviewers that got one on Youtube, its hard to know if this model has any issues of concern beyond the feature set that may eventually change somewhat if some of them are merely software updates.

I guess the best thing you can do as a Pilot is find coverage to protect your investment, some people have had good response from DJI, others, not so much it seems. There are other options if you can find personal property coverage to protect your investment.

Perhaps another thought is to have a locked thread that points to some of the better Drone repair sources out there and how to contact them when issues arise..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar