Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA Part 107 Study and Results

5nolans

Join
Dec 2, 2017
Loc
Ormond Beach, FL
I just passed my part 107 exam on Friday with an 85. I took the test at Emory-Riddle Aeronautical University and it only cost $130. I didn't read the study guide (only skimmed it) but I did watch a few youtube videos and other free web links:

Free FAA Part 107 sUAS & Drone Certification Study Guide | Northrup.Photo
https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre/general-lessons/interpreting-metars-and-tafs
https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

I missed about 10 questions in the following areas:
PLT059, PLT064, PLT161, PLT263, PLT312, PLT493, PLT534
Airman Knowledge Test Guides

Although I spent a lot of time reading and comprehending METARs and TAF's, I only had two questions on them. It felt like 90% of the questions required using the charts to answer. I highly recommend taking a magnifying glass with you to the test. The charts are paper, so you can zoom in on the computer. You will need the magnifying glass to read the fine print on them.

I answered all 60 questions within 45 minutes. I marked 10 questions to review and it took about 30 minutes to review them. I ended up getting 10 incorrect answers, lol. (one was about two Remote Pilots in command and the type of controllers they must have, the other was about weather and wind around a mountain, I'm sure some were just errors with reading comprehension or rushing to answer)...

What was your experience and how did you study?

Reactions: Maxheadspace
Congratulations :).

Congrats! The magnifying glass is an excellent tip! I also found some of the reference charts was very difficult to read, especially in those airspaces that had tons of other things going on around them, but for me it was more of an issue having dim lights, however a magnifying glass definitely would have helped that greatly.

Passed in November with a 95 after taking the class from Drone Pilot Ground School. My FAA certification card just came yesterday! The test center I went to had magnifying glasses and rulers available; the latter was really useful when trying to measure a distance on a chart or keeping a lat or long line. My study involved going through the videos, reading the detailed info, then taking the sample tests a bunch of times. My biggest problem? Some questions about weather, in particular about fog types.

Congrats!

Because I'm an active commercial pilot, the route for my 107 was very easy (an online course and short quiz, I completed this during a snow day last year) I have taken a number of FAA written exams over the years and there are many legal cheats that help. Magnifying glass, rulers, and what some 107 folks miss is using a nav plotter that could be bought in any aviation store. These with have lat/long hash lines marked and will be scaled for Sectional or Terminal charts.

In the supplements, there is a legend page that is sometimes shown that could be used to provide answers to other questions with regards to chart legends, airspace symbology and other data.

Lastly outside the normal study material, its a good idea to look at some of the material used for the private pilot written test. Weather and airspace will be covered in greater detail.

41Pea3DgxzL.jpg
legend-1024x730.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast