Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fake Photos

Gduk

Join
Aug 27, 2019
When did Mother Nature cease to be good enough ?
I go to skypixel, some incredible images, but I keep asking myself wow, look at that sky and lighting thats just incredible, I have never seen a sky like that.
Nor did the photographer.
How much editing do we feel we have to do to get a like or thumbs up?
Not only can we now take incredibly high images we never dreamt of 10 years ago, perfectly composed composition, its still not good enough, every sunset needs tweaking.
I think we have gone beyond a 10% 'touch up'
Its my opinion we now just cheat, they are your pictures, your right, your copyright, but I think modern photography has lost the plot.

There are some over processed photos. Not all, but some. I remember seeing one of the fall foliage photos that was so over processed it had a bright "blue" street in the overhead photo. I usually 'like'good photos, but not the one with the "blue" street, lol.

Since I'm too lazy to deal with ISO stuff, I'll use post production to lighten or darken, boost all colors at same time, and add a little sharpness if needed. But I agree, some are way too perfect.

When did Mother Nature cease to be good enough ?
I go to skypixel, some incredible images, but I keep asking myself wow, look at that sky and lighting thats just incredible, I have never seen a sky like that.
Nor did the photographer.
How much editing do we feel we have to do to get a like or thumbs up?
Not only can we now take incredibly high images we never dreamt of 10 years ago, perfectly composed composition, its still not good enough, every sunset needs tweaking.
I think we have gone beyond a 10% 'touch up'
Its my opinion we now just cheat, they are your pictures, your right, your copyright, but I think modern photography has lost the plot.
Agreed

Nothing is better than a perfectly scoped shot, using natural light and no camera shake etc etc but how often can these conditions be experienced? Not a lot in the UK so I am afraid that I almost every time trim and play with exposure and saturation on my shots. I am happy with what I produce but I absolutely accept that my “work” may not please everyone. I had the opportunity to shoot the beautiful Chatsworth House here in the Derbyshire Dales the other day but I had left it a little late to get the light on the House and valley it sits in so ended up shooting into the setting sun. Came out virtually black but thanks to Photos editing on my Mac I was able to get something like an OK shot. Think I shared it on the Forum plus the before shot. Great topic though.

It depends on the purpose of the photos. If it’s art, the question isn’t applicable. If you are taking crime scene photos, no embellishment is acceptable. Most of us are somewhere in the middle, so it’s subjective.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Just remember that every Ansel Adams photo you ever saw was heavily processed. He wrote an entire book on the subject: The Print.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
I'd like to find a video prorgram that looks like the real world. With most of my videos the colors look a bit washed out compared to the real view I see with my eye. I've also noticed a considerable difference with my different drones. Spark vs mavic pro. Both without filters, etc. Spark is the closest usually.

I'd like to find a video prorgram that looks like the real world. With most of my videos the colors look a bit washed out compared to the real view I see with my eye. I've also noticed a considerable difference with my different drones. Spark vs mavic pro. Both without filters, etc. Spark is the closest usually.
yes some shots can look a bit flat, however I leave a polarising filter on my Spark as it serves 2 purposes.
One, when shooting video it acts as a ND filter & I can easily get a cinema look.
Two, if I decide to shoot a few stills & panoramas at the same time, it works well for that too without having to land & change the filters around & shoot by water it is really handy with detail over water !

And now the trend to over-embellish has spilled over to television with HDR. It all makes the world, I actually live in, look a bit dull.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit