Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware update

Juan B

Join
Mar 3, 2020
Picked up a free spark,camera not working (red message on top of screen)
And unit will not update firmware
Any suggestions to correct

Congratulations on a free Spark. :)

Hopefully you can get it going.

If I can't help, others here may be able to.

I assume you are connected to the Spark via WiFi when it is asking for an update?

You'll have to switch between WiFi networks during the process.

You'll have to go into your device and switch from the Spark to your home WiFi to download an update.

When the message on the screen says "installing", you'll have to switch back to the Spark WiFi to install the update.

Not sure if this is the solution, but you never know.

Reactions: twickers14

I assume you are connected to the Spark via WiFi when it is asking for an update?

You'll have to go into your device and switch from the Spark to your home WiFi to download an update.

When the message on the screen says "installing", you'll have to switch back to the Spark WiFi to install the update.

I’

I’ve Been using my OTG cable do I need not use it or keep on and switch my WiFi
Thanks

I use the cable myself when I fly but haven't tried it when updating the firmware.

I've had good luck doing the WiFi dance. ?

You could probably leave the cable in but I think everything is through the WiFi.

I once forgot to turn the WiFi OFF on my device while using the cable and the sneaky little Spark hooked up via WiFi and didn't care about the cable. ?

Reactions: hiflyer

so with your help the unit updated and its current now,i think this ex owner dropped it or crashed it,cause the gimbal is lose as it moves around and my screen reads in small red letters "no image transmission signal, have you seen this before im gonna start a new log anyways.
thanks

I was connected through my OTG cable for my latest firmware update and it worked a treat. Took 2 mins off my first flight for a month so worth waiting for. Good luck.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme