Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First Snow

sirkkelley

Join
Sep 24, 2018
We had a dusting of snow in our area a couple of days ago, which isn’t super common. The high temperature for the next day was almost 60° so I knew that if I wanted to get footage then I only had one day to do it.

My filming was cut short by a park ranger who told me that drones were not allowed in State Parks. He was extremely courteous and kind although that is not the way the law reads.

Music by Mumford and Sons
Editing on iMovie

Hope everyone enjoys!

Awesome job.

More snow to come I'm sure.

We had about a 1/4" of ice in my area when the freezing rain came and went.

Never did see the snow, mabe a flake or two (silly weather forecast).

Reactions: Nope 2.0
Great footage! Thanks for sharing! Where I live (Wisconsin), I have also seen that you can't fly in State Parks. Glad to hear some of the rangers are courteous and understanding.

That is a great video and editing job as well. I like the mix of using the color and mono scenes. Very creative!

We had a dusting of snow in our area a couple of days ago, which isn’t super common. The high temperature for the next day was almost 60° so I knew that if I wanted to get footage then I only had one day to do it.

My filming was cut short by a park ranger who told me that drones were not allowed in State Parks. He was extremely courteous and kind although that is not the way the law reads.

Music by Mumford and Sons
Editing on iMovie

Hope everyone enjoys!

Nice -- love the monochromatic with the snow. Usually it looks so blah when done in color.
Did you use some muted color effect on the color shots?
Drones aren't allowed in Indiana State Parks so I fly fully aware.

Nice -- love the monochromatic with the snow. Usually it looks so blah when done in color.
Did you use some muted color effect on the color shots?
Drones aren't allowed in Indiana State Parks so I fly fully aware.

The first 2 clips are in black and white the 3rd clip is a low saturation effect (it seemed to help transition into color) the rest is no filter. I do all of the editing on my iPhone using iMovie so I’m pretty limited in what I can do. I noticed that the colors did seem a bit muted in the rest of the footage. It may be because I set the camera in manual mode and changed the settings a little. I’m trying to make a habit of that. I’m still very new to the adjustments and this is my first drone so it’s all a learning process for me. I have noticed that the camera likes to adjust quite a bit when shooting in auto. Thanks for the comments.

well done. very pretty indeed!
I loved that circular shot around the ducks :)

Did you encounter any ice build up on the blades or problems with battery low temps?

well done. very pretty indeed!
I loved that circular shot around the ducks :)

Did you encounter any ice build up on the blades or problems with battery low temps?

I had no problems at all. A duck did almost take me down in that circular shot. If you watch at the end of that clip he is right below me. It was about 40 degrees when I was flying so I didn't even get a low temp battery warning. Also, I tried to do a pano when i was about 5" off the water and I had to abort because the Spark almost took a dip in the water. I won't be trying that again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh