Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First sunset

graywoulf

Endeavor to Persevere
Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 30, 2018
Loc
NC
Well after a long hiatus, I got my Spark all updated and inspected and made my first sunset video. Not the best editing as I am still learning but I did manage to put this video together ending with a few snapshots. I hope you enjoy it.

Very nice video. Especially the colors and the switch between the scenes. How did you find the same spot at the different times?

Reactions: graywoulf
Very nice video. Especially the colors and the switch between the scenes. How did you find the same spot at the different times?
It was just a matter of time really. I did fly around a bit while I had the chance so that was where the timing came in as I would face the sunset again once in a while. I did two flights and used the footage from both of them in the editing. Thanks for the complement. :)

Glad you were able to get airborne again else we wouldn't have been able to enjoy your video. Nice segues between views that really showed the Spark's ability to adapt to changing light conditions. I think it looked great. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you were able to get airborne again else we wouldn't have been able to enjoy your video. Nice segues between views that really showed the Spark's ability to adapt to changing light conditions. I think it looked great. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much for the kind words! Makes me want to get right back out there but it won't be today in the rain. I have a renewed excitement about flying again now that I am no longer paranoid about a flyaway. I hope I can keep that feeling for a while.

Thank you very much for the kind words! Makes me want to get right back out there but it won't be today in the rain. I have a renewed excitement about flying again now that I am no longer paranoid about a flyaway. I hope I can keep that feeling for a while.
Go try an inferior drone like a JJRC X9, and then talk to me about worrying about a flyaway, the difference is night and day. The stability of the Spark is ridiculous, I couldn't even fly the X9 indoors, it would just veer as if the analog sticks on the remote were sticking in one direction or another...

I have and still fly two JJRC X6 Tarantulas so I know what you are saying. Although the X6's are prone to the wind blowing them off course but I agree that the steadiness of the GPS lock is amazing. That was what made me want the Spark. I wanted to be able to fly even if there was a slight breeze or wind.

I almost lost...well not lost that X9 I had prior to the Spark, the first weekend I had it. it was heading to the empty field behind my propertyabout 100 feet up, it lost signal and veered, as if the X9 had a sport mode, I just tried to include my altitude, and it finally received signal and started climbing, I brought it back over the house and landed it in the driveway, and parked it for a few days, it was at that time I decided if I wanted to continue this hobby, I was gonna have to go with a DJI product.

I had to retrieve my X6 out of a tree many times from having the wind take it away from me. I don't think I ever flew it far enough away to lose the signal though. I still like flying it to keep my "atti" skills intact. I just lost another toy drone in the top of a large cedar tree. No way to retrieve it though unless I cut the tree down. :rolleyes:

I had to retrieve my X6 out of a tree many times from having the wind take it away from me. I don't think I ever flew it far enough away to lose the signal though. I still like flying it to keep my "atti" skills intact. I just lost another toy drone in the top of a large cedar tree. No way to retrieve it though unless I cut the tree down. :rolleyes:
I had a toy drone get stuck about 25 feet up in an oak tree I was able to stick an extension ladder up through the branches and then with a long pole I knocked it down. You really need someone anchoring the bottom of the ladder.

As far as fly aways, I had several of those with the you drone also. I used the WiFi signal to triangulate and find it several times.

Glad your up and flying again!

Great job graywoulf! Beautiful capture with nice transitions and enjoyed the background music which drew me into the shot. ?
Thank you very kindly. I am appreciating all of the positive comments which give me the initiative to do more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast