Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying in a Canyon

Dave Packham

Join
Jun 3, 2017
Flying the spark with RC, latest firmware, and Pixel android phone connected via wifi (no otg no Bluetooth) in a narrows canyon about 15ft wide and 50ft tall and I kept getting a distance warning. it let me get 25ft high and about 30ft away. No NFZ No warning on screen other than the distance limited warning

why? I have registered and flown many times in other areas without limits.

I did NOT have cell service in this canyon but IF I have flown with service and registered should it not always allow my large distances with the RC?

Ideas? does the spark require internet access EVERY flight to go max distance?

Having cell service is not a must for distance or in general. Only you have to use cached maps. I use often a iPad min4 wifi. After it has been registered one time, then it is ok.
Obstacle avoidance would not have limited altitude.
  • Was there any reasons indicated in the distance limited warning ? There should be one message for Distance and one for Height. If you can share your flight log (DJI Flight Log Viewer), then it will be shown.
  • Did you have flown another time after that in a more normal environment with no limit message ?
  • Did it got GPS with good quality ? User manual page 47 indicates that if GPS signal is weak and vision system enabled, there is a limit in altitude, but they say 16 feet. 96 feet with weak GPS and no vision system active. They indicate no limit for distance apart the one you would set in the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef