Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying in Pinellas County

John MacAulay

Join
Sep 23, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions of where I might fly legally here in Pinellas Co. Brought Sparky all the way from Nova Scotia to Florida and besides a quick flight over the Gulf, I'm afraid I'll be taking him home without much flying.
Definitely won't bother bringing him back next year, just not familiar enough of the area to know where to fly.

Anyone have any suggestions of where I might fly legally here in Pinellas Co. Brought Sparky all the way from Nova Scotia to Florida and besides a quick flight over the Gulf, I'm afraid I'll be taking him home without much flying.
Definitely won't bother bringing him back next year, just not familiar enough of the area to know where to fly.

I used to live there when I had my 3DR Solo. Not a lot of open space.

I moved to Sarasota (hour south) and have a lot more options.

Come on down and let’s go flying!

Do you have the AirMap app available in the Play stores.
It may help you with a location.
I looked at mine and seen 2 AMA fields in the area.

This AMA field "Sparked" my interest.
You might be able to contact them and they may help you or fly at their field?

Sparksrc.org

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. Perry, if we could hook up to fly for a bit, I would truly appreciate it. I’m here until a week from Saturday. Let’s message some more to find a time to do that.

I used to live there when I had my 3DR Solo. Not a lot of open space.

I moved to Sarasota (hour south) and have a lot more options.

Come on down and let’s go flying!
I also live in Sarasota.. Just curious which areas you have found to fly in. I live east of 75 and so far stayed close to home.

Reactions: perrylawrence
I also live in Sarasota.. Just curious which areas you have found to fly in. I live east of 75 and so far stayed close to home.

Lakewood Ranch, believe it or not, has some roads leading to nowhere. Try Fruitville east of the Mall past 75. It gets country real fast. I found some good backroads.

Also Nathan Benderson Park, east side about half way. No one bothers you and great shots of the Lake.

I was at at Fort Hammer today and did a quick aerial of the boat launch.

I practice at an abandoned parking lot off Market St in Lakewood Ranch.

Let me know if you want to get together sometime. John and I are going out sometime this week. Your are welcome along.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers