Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying over water

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
any problem with flying greater than 50 feet over a pond? The Mavic likes its downward sensors turned off, how about the spark? Any changes in dji settings for the spark?

Nice pics , but they don't answer the question: are there any settings that you might change when over water?

Im sorry Im new to the DJI world. I didnt change anything when taking off from the vessel. I know the manual vaguely mentions flying over water can affect the sensors.

I ve only flown the spark with collision avoidance off... don't need it over water which is where I fly it, from a boat,

ActionJack, nice Chris. Where was that taken?

I ve only flown the spark with collision avoidance off... don't need it over water which is where I fly it, from a boat,

ActionJack, nice Chris. Where was that taken?
I think we were in the same tub on the same day. 22 Jul Nassau green cay.
1974 48' charter. They got their money's worth out that boat. Next time id rather be on your boat.

Green Cay, on the edge of Exuma bank west of Staniel ? We were in the Exumas from Gtown to nassau

I have been flying my Spark over the water from my local beach. All sensors active and absolutely no issues at all. Rock solid all the time. Even in low altitude over the water. 10 feet.

Also don't forget to update your home point or set it on the location of your remote (if it has a GPS), if your boat is not at a fix location.

Reactions: actionjack
Also don't forget to update your home point or set it on the location of your remote (if it has a GPS), if your boat is not at a fix location.
I'm a newbie here with the Spark, how do you update the home location to be off of your remote?

No issues as of yet! Gotta say it feels more solid now since the update and of course over water there is less interference. I got close to the water and sensors seems to be fine.

Reactions: Victoria
I'm a newbie here with the Spark, how do you update the home location to be off of your remote?
In dji go 4 in the right corner are three dots, first one in menu is a drone. First thing in there is rth option one is return to take off location (airplane) other is return to remote (person). Hope this helps

This is in the main settings.
tab%20as%20home.jpg
Maybe better you test it on ground before going on boat. Also your tablet need to have GPS.

I have had my spark as close as about 1 ft above water with all sensors on and had no problem at all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers