Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Front obstacle avoidance not working

DroneFlyer

Join
Nov 25, 2017
EDIT: It looks as the obstacle avoidance works only when the motors are on and it is in the air. I thought it was like with all my other previous Dji drones, with them obstacle avoidance works at home without the motors on.
The Spark's O. A didn't even worked when the motors were on and the craft was still at the ground.
But I still got the motor overload message when the motors were not even on, with 25 percent battery and with a bit cold battery, don't know if it has to do with that?

My new spark doesnt seem to have working front obstacle avoidance sensors, it doesn't have the red-green "half circle" on the top of the screen that shows the objects distance, but I have the white O. A icon on the app.......

Last edited:
But I still got the motor overload message when the motors were not even on, with 25 percent battery and with a bit cold battery,

Yep. Cold batteries.

I did a quick flight yesterday about 50°F, and received two warnings.
1, motor overload.
2, warm battery to xx degrees before use.

I can't remember the temperature range but it was in Celsius and Fahrenheit.:)

Yep. Cold batteries.

I did a quick flight yesterday about 50°F, and received two warnings.
1, motor overload.
2, warm battery to xx degrees before use.

I can't remember the temperature range but it was in Celsius and Fahrenheit.:)
Okay I see, did you get those warnings while the motors were on or off?

That's the thing that i was surprised about that it gave a motor overload warning while the motors were off.

By the way, i didn't get the "warm battery" message while I had the motor overload message, but 10 minutes later when i wanted to test fly the Spark it said cannot take off due to battery being cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar