Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Geelong Revival Motoring Festival

MickDoesStuff

Join
Nov 12, 2019
Footage from the Geelong Revival Motoring Festival on the weekend. Lots of bikes including cruisers and sports, classic and new cars, drifting, quarter mile runs and several clips of drone footage mixed in if you're interested. Video is a bit long but there was so much going on to see and I ended up with a good 1.5 hours of footage.

Didn't realise until afterwards that you could actually get into the drift car as a passenger for some laps for $45. Maybe next year :)

Nice documentary type capture Mick. It looks like it was a fun time and a great nostalgic look into the past. What I like about these types of meets is how willing the owners of these cars are to explain and spend time talking about their cars. Nice filming and post work. Thanks Mick.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
Nice documentary type capture Mick. It looks like it was a fun time and a great nostalgic look into the past. What I like about these types of meets is how willing the owners of these cars are to explain and spend time talking about their cars. Nice filming and post work. Thanks Mick.

Thanks Joe. Yeah they are definitely passionate about their vehicle's and more than happy to chat about them.

My favorites were the Norton 850 Commando and the Honda 750 Four. I wanted those two real bad back in the 70's.

My favorites were the Norton 850 Commando and the Honda 750 Four. I wanted those two real bad back in the 70's.
Yeah some nice old bikes. There are only 6 Norton 850's for sale in the entire country with the cheapest coming in at just over $15,000. There are 16 Honda 750's starting from $7,500.

I'm still restricted to a bike with less than 661cc and a power-to-weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne or less. So I've got a Kawasaki Eliminator VN250 for the moment. June 2021 my restrictions end and I can get whatever I like :)

Do you still ride?

52816607_10157416562057446_8248972668972302336_o.jpg

That is a cool looking ride! Me ride? I am sorry to say that I do not and have not in years. I lost two good friends years ago that were hit by drunk drivers while riding their bikes and after the second one, I decided to stay away from two wheeled vehicles other than bicycles.

That is a cool looking ride! Me ride? I am sorry to say that I do not and have not in years. I lost two good friends years ago that were hit by drunk drivers while riding their bikes and after the second one, I decided to stay away from two wheeled vehicles other than bicycles.
Thanks. Yeah I think it's one of the nicer looking cruisers of its size. Sorry to hear about your mates, it's definitely risky on the roads as a biker and even very experience riders can't defend against some morons on the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast