Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Golf Course flyovers

BillOh

Join
Feb 20, 2019
Loc
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone film a run down their favorite golf course? I occasionally visit my sister who lives between hole 8 and 9 of a golf course. I want to show the course to my friends. When I visit there is a lot of time the weather isn't conducive to golfing and I'll see the course empty or nearly empty. I'm thinking even the Spark will have a enough battery to fly the course from hole 1 through 9 and catch video from say 100 ft up. Anyone done this? I don't know what the course would think, but I hesitate to ask. I could talk off across the street and don't know if they could say much. Being a golfer there myself, I want to be courteous to golfers. Not sure how loud a Spark is from say 150ft above?

Even at 300 feet you can clearly hear the aircraft, if I was a golfer (be very glad I am not, you'd need body armor) I think it would still count as a distraction or nuisance. Now if nobody is on the course, no matter...

Reactions: BillOh
I kind of thought it would be loud compared to some drones I've been around. I will endeavor to find a time when the course isn't occupied. (That would be hard where I live, but I think I can do it on this course. )

I kind of thought it would be loud compared to some drones I've been around. I will endeavor to find a time when the course isn't occupied. (That would be hard where I live, but I think I can do it on this course. )

I was in Columbus many years ago, but it was summer time, surely in the winter months the courses must be quiet?

I was in Columbus many years ago, but it was summer time, surely in the winter months the courses must be quiet?
While I live in Columbus, Ohio the golf course I want to fly over is in Harborcreek, PA, Much less of a golf mecca than here near the birthplace of Jack Nicklaus! I could find a quiet time 60 minutes before sundown on a weekday many times.

Most golf courses are closed on Mondays for repairs etc . I have gotten permission to fly but emphasized I would be glad to share pics but not video and CAN NOT accept any payment of any kind

Reactions: BillOh
Most golf courses are closed on Mondays for repairs etc . I have gotten permission to fly but emphasized I would be glad to share pics but not video and CAN NOT accept any payment of any kind

Good to know, but around here, they don't close on Mondays. Ohio courses do all their maintenance while the course is open. We've gotten use to waiting while they move the hole location or the tee markers, or mowing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast