Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hands down the BEST DJI Spark case for the light traveler (plus a custom mod)

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
Some of you will remember my post about the Hermitshell case that fit the entire Fly More combo as well as my tablet and everything else I had in my flight kit. I still think it's a fantastic case however over time I found I just wasn't using it in the field. I would always put the Spark into the smaller foam case and toss it in my backpack. More often than not I use my phone as my controller since I only really put the craft in the sky for short periods of time just long enough to capture the shots I am thinking about.

This got me wondering if I needed a new solution to carry my Spark. After all, the compact size of the craft was a major selling point for me in the first place so I wanted a kit that took advantage of that small size while still carrying everything I typically use in the field.

Enter the Mini Drone Bag for DJI Spark from Drone Fans:
IMG_1895.JPG

It fits a total of three batteries, extra props, memory cards, cables etc. It also comes with a separate case for the remote which I thought was quite nice. This way I can be modular about what equipment I want to take along with me depending on the type of flying I may be doing. It is also quite a bit smaller than even the foam case that comes with the Spark:

IMG_1897.JPG

There was only one issue that irked me, when bringing the controller I would also need to bring my tablet/phone mount:

IMG_1899.JPG

I didn't want to have a third separate piece to my kit so I decided to mod my controller case so that I could attach the mount to it. Here is how I did it:

IMG_1901.JPG

I cut the top padding on the sides and the top of the inside of the case in order to have access behind it.

IMG_1902.JPG

I then drilled a hole into the top of the case.

IMG_1903.JPG

Now all I have to do is flip the inside layer down to access the top of the case. I was surprised to see another layer of padding up there, this case has a nice quality feel to it.

IMG_1904.JPG

I then insert the threaded portion of the mount into the top of the case.

IMG_1907.JPG

And finally tighten the nut around the threading to secure the mount to the case.

IMG_1908.JPG

And voila! My tablet/phone mount is nicely tethered to my controller case.

This new setup will fit my flying style much better. I am often travelling/hiking/backpacking with my Spark so space is a top priority. This new kit gives me everything I need to fly in the field with a very very small footprint in my pack. I keep a portable USB charger in my pack as well just in case. Very happy with the outcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast