Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Happy Mardi Gras! (Oops a bit late)

NOLADG

Join
Nov 28, 2019
So this past Tuesday was Mardi Gras as we call it in New Orleans. Some call it Carnival in other areas. With Covid, this year was different than all others. There were no parades, no balls, Bourbon Street was closed and even bars in other areas. But the citizens of New Orleans came up with a way to have Mardi Gras and turned their houses into floats. So people drove around the city to see nicely decorated houses all themed for various Mardi Gras Krewes. There were several articles in the news about it like this one: In A Year Without Parades, Mardi Gras In New Orleans Is All About House Floats

These pictures I took with my spark using the panorama feature.

IMG_0014.jpegIMG_0013.jpeg

NOLADG, thanks so much for sharing. What a great idea, loved the pictures and would enjoy seeing more if you have them. The residents really did a fine job decorating and keeping the spirit going despite the obstacles.

I second Spark 317's question, but I don't care about the beads. ?

That's cool. :)

Thanks for sharing. Impressive to see how much trouble everyone goes to. Hopefully next year will be back to normal, b?bs, beads and all!

I was thinking of you during the week, when watching a series of The Amazing Race, which finished in New Orleans. So strange to imagine Bourbon Street being closed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit