Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Poole, UK (via SW France)

sparkpod

Join
Aug 10, 2017
Hi fellow Spark pilots. Just introducing myself. My name is Jake and I live in Poole. I bought my little spark the day before I went on holiday, so here it is in south west France.

Had a few low flying indoor scares already. Mostly due to pilot idiocy. Running before walking style of thing.

It’s my first drone but I’m a private pilot, so thought it would translate easily to flying the spark, as I did when I thought being able to skateboard would help me snowboarding. No. It didn’t really. It just makes me more willing to try stuff out that I probably shouldn’t, just yet...

I’m still getting my head around the various configurations with controller versus phone, OTG versus WiFi etc..

Took it out this evening in some lovely sunflower fields..up to the legal maximum height too..spectacular stuff..it’s actually put a big smile on my surly 15 year-old son who would rather be anywhere else in the world right now :)

Had a weird gimbal overload message this morning but it went away after I rebooted everything and recalibrated the compass. It asked me to do that a lot (5 or 6 times) is this normal?

I’ll post some pics and vids soon, when I can figure that part out..it does some quite funky but stilted auto editing!

A bientot!

jake

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Had a weird gimbal overload message this morning but it went away after I rebooted everything and recalibrated the compass. It asked me to do that a lot (5 or 6 times) is this normal?
Are you referring to the compass calibration? If so, that's not normal. Make sure the Spark is not near any magnetic metal objects.

It asked to do the compass calibration about 5 or 6 times in quick succession right after it had its gimbal moment. It then proceeded to fly erratically for about 5 feet before trying to fly into a small tree. I had to grab hold of its belly and pull the battery out. It wouldn’t respond to the controller at all. I changed the battery, reflashed the code through Assistant and it was fine after that. It was the first time we’d got it out in France. Perhaps it didn’t like the journey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers