Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help please. I must learn to learn from crashes.

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
The Spark is so cool I will replace it when this one flies off into never never land or if I simply kill it---neither of which I want to happen but life is life.
Here is the crash vid.
At 1:06 the Spark takes off on his own at high speed. I'd already finished shooting what I wanted and my next step was to turn it towards me (old man in red rain jacket) and land.
I need to know step by step how to download the crash log. Where it is, what it is called. Then I'll ask where to load it for review.

<iframe src="sparkcrash from Robert Moore on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">sparkcrash</a> from <a href="Robert Moore">Robert Moore</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

The Spark is so cool I will replace it when this one flies off into never never land or if I simply kill it---neither of which I want to happen but life is life.
Here is the crash vid.
At 1:06 the Spark takes off on his own at high speed. I'd already finished shooting what I wanted and my next step was to turn it towards me (old man in red rain jacket) and land.
I need to know step by step how to download the crash log. Where it is, what it is called. Then I'll ask where to load it for review.

<iframe src="sparkcrash from Robert Moore on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">sparkcrash</a> from <a href="Robert Moore">Robert Moore</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Looks like you're pretty deep in a canyon with lots of trees as well. My bet is that it lost or had weak GPS and went into ATTI mode.

I use www.airdata.com to upload logs for analysis.

JWA, yes, a seriously deep canyon...45 min's down a 45 degree slope swinging off limbs on the way down to the river.

Now where is the log file. I hooked the Spark to my laptop, just need to know what to look for.

JWA, yes, a seriously deep canyon...45 min's down a 45 degree slope swinging off limbs on the way down to the river.

Now where is the log file. I hooked the Spark to my laptop, just need to know what to look for.

Google is your friend...try using it in the future.

Wow -- lucky you didn't hit the photog. If he went into the drink with the DSL.. OUCH. Anyway, I couldn't see: We're you flying using the phone as a controller or do you have the Spark controller?

I was using the Spark Controller and OTG cable. The photographer is my personal physician; I'd just sold him the Sony a99ii he was using and you're right that camera would float long ha!

But in that scenario with the mountains so steep there is no way GPS would ever get many sat's :(
The compass error though I can't explain-there were no large metallic objects and I did calibrate before the flight.
Matters not, all is good, she is still flying and I didn't have to call State Farm (I insure the Spark on a personal articles policy for
any loss--same with my cameras and lenses....I'm getting old and just a matter of time before I fall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502