Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to enable the gimbal pitch tracking using a remote controller

jech

Join
Jan 30, 2018
I made a short video on how to enable the gimbal pitch control using the remote controller. You can control the tilt the the camera by tilting the remote controller.

Cool

What is the advantage over using the dial on the remote?

I sometimes fly using only the phone. If anyone else does, try this. Take a couple of small plastic bag pieces (like a Walmart bag) and place them under your thumbs (you can moisten your thumbs for fail safe attraction), your thumbs will now glide easily over the phone/tablet screen. Works well.

why would you want to use your monitor as your control? the yaw can be more easily controlled. Still not as good as three axis gimbal, but better than the remote is my experience.

While we are on the subject of the gimbal, if you fly in tripod mode, you may notice that the gimbal pitch up/down is slooooooooow. To improve this, fly in GPS mode, but reduce the stick sensitivity in the app. This will reduce top flight speed with obstacle avoidance enabled down to tripod mode speed (6.X down to 2.2). This will create a tripod mode speed parameter and retain normal gimbal pitch speed. You don't have to go all the way down to 2.2 mph. you could go to 4.X which is slower than the 6.X, but not as slooooooow as tripod mode, and yet the video looks good.

Reactions: jech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast