Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hungarian castles

I've always liked castles, went to a number of them when I was stationed in Germany back during the cold war. One had an alchemist room that was glass walled off, but everything in it was like it was back in the day, had all the accouterments on display, a stuffed crocodile, bottles, books, bones, etc

wanting to say it was Heidelberg, cant remember for sure now, that was a long time ago

Reactions: Bird70
Reactions: Bird70 and pntc2000
I've always liked castles, went to a number of them when I was stationed in Germany back during the cold war. One had an alchemist room that was glass walled off, but everything in it was like it was back in the day, had all the accouterments on display, a stuffed crocodile, bottles, books, bones, etc

wanting to say it was Heidelberg, cant remember for sure now, that was a long time ago
The castles are beautiful and romantic. Good places for hiking and taking pictures of them.

The castles are beautiful and romantic. Good places for hiking and taking pictures of them.
Germany was full of them, my first tour, was in Buedingen, (sp) and it was there that I found a cornerstone of a building that was marked '630' indicating the year it was laid. There was also a formal castle in the center of town, not very big, but still impressive. I also went on several tours of another palace, which was said to be the inspiration for the first Disney Cinderella movie. I really enjoyed my time over there, and would pick a different town/city/villa to visit every weekend. I always found the castles to be most impressive, but the palaces were nice as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis