Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IOS DJI GO Update

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
Okay, who's going to be the guinea pig? :D

As above, I have it installed on both the iPad mini 4 and the Note 5. Won't have a chance to check it out for a few days.

Okay, who's going to be the guinea pig? :D
Guinea pig? I'd think as much as folks whined about initial problems and begged for these new enhancements, this one would be a no-brainer. Can't get this one installed soon enough. I mean seriously:
-Added a 180°Pano shooting mode.
-Added voice prompts for Advanced Gesture Control mode
-Users can now set flight directions for Helix and Circle in QuickShot mode.
-Added a new gesture for recording videos.

Guinea pig? I'd think as much as folks whined about initial problems and begged for these new enhancements, this one would be a no-brainer. Can't get this one installed soon enough. I mean seriously:
-Added a 180°Pano shooting mode.
-Added voice prompts for Advanced Gesture Control mode
-Users can now set flight directions for Helix and Circle in QuickShot mode.
-Added a new gesture for recording videos.
Oh I totally agree...I was more or less eluding to whether or not they would function correctly.

I have installed the update at done a short take off/ hover test in my back yard. Undortunately, the new functionality will have to wait 'till I get to a flying field, as flying drones within 150m of urban areas is illegal in Denmark:-/ Gimbal pitch speed setting works flawless though.

Is there an area on DJI's website that will explain the changes and how to use them, especially the voice command and added video gesture?

Also, is this update just for mobile devices (DJI GO 4) and not the aircraft?

I went out and tried the new 180 degree 'pano' mode this evening. Terrible lighting so PhotoShop Express has helped a bit but, overall, the pictures could be interesting. Some examples...

Attachments

• IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    919.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Nothing currently on YouTube / DJI support. But usually in the Go app, when connect, selecting the flight mode and gesture, will the accepted one the video gesture is there.

I went out and tried the new 180 degree 'pano' mode this evening. Terrible lighting so PhotoShop Express has helped a bit but, overall, the pictures could be interesting. Some examples...
Great photos. I was able to take a pan picture as well, but it did not save on the card as I thought it would. How did you save them?

The images came out well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis