Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is there an adjustment for this?

Vince R

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Hi all, I purchased aftermarket prop guards with attached folding landing gear. When i installed them and tried hovering my spark it leans to the left like one side of the prop guards are a lot heavier than the other side. When i remove them the spark hovers level and rock solid. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so can it be adjusted. Thanks

Hi all, I purchased aftermarket prop guards with attached folding landing gear. When i installed them and tried hovering my spark it leans to the left like one side of the prop guards are a lot heavier than the other side. When i remove them the spark hovers level and rock solid. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so can it be adjusted. Thanks

Good quality prop guards will have markings to indicate proper positioning. All 4 may look the same but they must correctly match the pattern of blade rotation for stable flight.

The markings should match those on the props and motors. It's usually a white ring or dot and can be fairly subtle.

It you confirm the proper placement and the problem persists I'd suspect a poor design. DJI prop guards cost more because of the R&D to get best performances.

Reactions: jpfromoc
Even if an adjustment is made my opinion is you would be stressing one motor more than the others. I think it would lead to premature wear. If the guards are on the correct motors as stated by Vince R and you have an imbalance, I’d return them. Good prop guards are not that expensive.

"The markings should match those on the props and motors. It's usually a white ring or dot and can be fairly subtle. "

Some also just have an "A" and a "B" letter. The instructions will tell which one (if I recall correctly A=white). Put a white mark on the correct ones.

Good quality prop guards will have markings to indicate proper positioning. All 4 may look the same but they must correctly match the pattern of blade rotation for stable flight.

The markings should match those on the props and motors. It's usually a white ring or dot and can be fairly subtle.

It you confirm the proper placement and the problem persists I'd suspect a poor design. DJI prop guards cost more because of the R&D to get best performances.
That is very important for sure. I think I had mine installed wrong and my spark was flying wierd, wasnt rotating right and wouldnt fly more than about 40 feet and stop. After that I have now marked everything to know where to put each one, recalibrated the remote and IMU and have had 0 issues since.

Reactions: Andre Levite
That is very important for sure. I think I had mine installed wrong and my spark was flying wierd, wasnt rotating right and wouldnt fly more than about 40 feet and stop. After that I have now marked everything to know where to put each one, recalibrated the remote and IMU and have had 0 issues since.

I'm glad that solved your problem...

You are flying straight again!

Reactions: Jhumpert
I need to get out and practice alot more before upcoming vacation that I am taking my sparky with me.

You always have the simulator tucked away in the Go4 app that is often overlooked.

Although it is a simulator, you can practice Sport Mode flight and how the RTH works that may explain why..."I don't know what happened, I hit RTH and it flew away..." scenarios.

Practice reading the information from the telemetry on the screen when you fly at a distance when the Spark becomes a Speck.
Attitude, distance, height, speed, direction, etc. is all there to study and learn safe and sound indoors.

The only bummer is the Spark has to be powered up and remove the props JIC.

Other than that you get some flight time in with muscle memory practice and no harm to you or the Spark. :)

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef