Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ISO spark gently used or well maintained

CaptObvious

Join
Mar 21, 2020
After only a few days here on this forum I can see it has incredible potential for me as a sounding board for any and all questions I could have. I do not currently have a drone of my own but offer up to this community this thread. I’m sure you know each other well and for me that makes a difference. Mostly I would be using a spark with hand gestures to slowly get comfortable with its control. Most of my pictures and video would be of family events. I live very close to Pensacola beach and can see that I would be able to record incredible footage there. The area I live in is riddled with areas that according to the fly app require permissions. I’m very ignorant to the new rules and registration but have read a bunch and have a basic understanding of my requirements for registration of my spark. My use will most likely be limited with a controller but again I’m not sure. I mean no disrespect but I only have $250 to offer for purchase and have been watching eBay. Unfortunately I fall just short on bidding. Not to mention I might get someone else’s problem and be out the money. I’m looking for a spark with a controller and maybe 2 batteries and the charging equipment and such. If it had the original case or a different one makes no difference to me. I just want to take care of it and protect it when not being used by me. I ask that anyone who has a spark and would like to offer it to me I would be grateful. If no one can help it’s ok. I’ll keep trying to save up til I can make a better offer. Meanwhile and continuing forward I am open to suggestions for better education for me as a future pilot. Thanks so much.

Welcome. A major issue with drone flying in the Pensacola area is due to having three Class C airspaces (PNS, NAS Pensacola, NAS Whiting), outlying military airfields, National Seashore/Park, state parks and the huge Eglin/Hurlburt/Duke AFB facilities. I suggest downloading AirMap and familiarizing yourself with Florida Drone Laws. Other valuable apps are UAV Forecast and Windy. Because the Spark weighs 250grams+, it will need to be registered at FAA DroneZone under Recreational Flyers unless you obtain Part 107 licensing for commercial use. That site also has a link "rules for flying" you should know. Using gesture control will limit your flying range until you can obtain a remote control, but in all cases you must fly at or below 400 ft AGL (above ground level) and stay within visual line of sight (VLOS). There are a lot of knowledgeable people that frequent this forum and they are moe than willing to assist in your drone journey. Good luck!

Welcome. A major issue with drone flying in the Pensacola area is due to having three Class C airspaces (PNS, NAS Pensacola, NAS Whiting), outlying military airfields, National Seashore/Park, state parks and the huge Eglin/Hurlburt/Duke AFB facilities. I suggest downloading AirMap and familiarizing yourself with Florida Drone Laws. Other valuable apps are UAV Forecast and Windy. Because the Spark weighs 250grams+, it will need to be registered at FAA DroneZone under Recreational Flyers unless you obtain Part 107 licensing for commercial use. That site also has a link "rules for flying" you should know. Using gesture control will limit your flying range until you can obtain a remote control, but in all cases you must fly at or below 400 ft AGL (above ground level) and stay within visual line of sight (VLOS). There are a lot of knowledgeable people that frequent this forum and they are moe than willing to assist in your drone journey. Good luck!
Just to make sure I understand even though I have to register the spark, which I have the FAA site to do, will I be able to just use gesture control in those areas without needing permission?

The FAA registration is for flying a drone that weighs 250 grams (.55 lbs) or more. It does not grant any permissions that are not already available to drone operators no matter what control method is used. To be allowed to fly within the confines of restricted airspace such as the Class C facilities mentioned in my previous post, requires requesting and obtaining permission using LAANC. Drones are restricted within national parks, Florida state parts/managed woodlands without special permission. The AirMap app, especially the PC version provides information on other restrictions. You may not fly a drone near a prison/jail, nuclear power plant, over people or vehicles. Google can be an invaluable source for learning what you can and cannot do with your drone.

After only a few days here on this forum I can see it has incredible potential for me as a sounding board for any and all questions I could have. I do not currently have a drone of my own but offer up to this community this thread. I’m sure you know each other well and for me that makes a difference. Mostly I would be using a spark with hand gestures to slowly get comfortable with its control. Most of my pictures and video would be of family events. I live very close to Pensacola beach and can see that I would be able to record incredible footage there. The area I live in is riddled with areas that according to the fly app require permissions. I’m very ignorant to the new rules and registration but have read a bunch and have a basic understanding of my requirements for registration of my spark. My use will most likely be limited with a controller but again I’m not sure. I mean no disrespect but I only have $250 to offer for purchase and have been watching eBay. Unfortunately I fall just short on bidding. Not to mention I might get someone else’s problem and be out the money. I’m looking for a spark with a controller and maybe 2 batteries and the charging equipment and such. If it had the original case or a different one makes no difference to me. I just want to take care of it and protect it when not being used by me. I ask that anyone who has a spark and would like to offer it to me I would be grateful. If no one can help it’s ok. I’ll keep trying to save up til I can make a better offer. Meanwhile and continuing forward I am open to suggestions for better education for me as a future pilot. Thanks so much.
a word to the wise , save your money and buy a new Spark or a new drone of your choice . unless you know the person selling or upgrading to a better drone it's not worth taking a chance on a used drone . one other thing , new dose not mean good it only means new .
fly safe

Hello CaptObvious, Lens here. New member to Spark, member of Mavic forum. I have what you're looking for. Not sure the best way to make contact.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme