Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Keep having to connect to app for every flight

PhoNY-ID

Join
Feb 28, 2018
Hi all

Brand new pilot here. Is it normal that I need to connect to my pilot with the DJI app ever time I want to fly? I figured I would have to do the initial connection and then just be able to open the app and flight but nope. I need to scan the code and/or connect via WiFi every single time I want to fly. Any ideas or is this normal operations.?

No, not normal. Once you activate, create an account and login. You don’t need to ever do it again. Unless you delete the app, and then it’s just logging in to your DJI account.
If you’re using a remote. Link it to your device in wifi settings, turn on the aircraft. Make sure battery is secure. No bad nicks to props. Attach gimbal protector, if u have one. ATTACH ND Filter if extremely sunny. open the app, wait for the firmware to check for updates. Then go into Flightmode, wait for GPS lock. Make sure all controls are set. Telemetry reading zero. Make sure no planes are in the air, lol.....and take off. Double check your RTH And away you go.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Any ideas or is this normal operations.?
This is not normal. Are you sure you're not waiting long enough for everything to connect up?

Reactions: Steamboatsig
here is a pic of the screen every time i start the app and have the spark and rc on. No idea what im doing wrong

Attachments

• IMG_6572.PNG
    IMG_6572.PNG
    317.1 KB · Views: 35
What's the exact process you follow when starting everything up? Which mobile device are you using?

Ive figured it out guys. I was turning on the Spark, then the RC. After that I would open up the DJI app and expect it to connect automatically. Someone on the DJI Spark Facebook board said that the procedure I was doing was wrong. They said I need to turn on the RC then Spark. After that open wifi settings on the iPhone and connect to the remote that way, after that then go into the app, which worked!

Reactions: MikeSpark
Ive figured it out guys. I was turning on the Spark, then the RC. After that I would open up the DJI app and expect it to connect automatically. Someone on the DJI Spark Facebook board said that the procedure I was doing was wrong. They said I need to turn on the RC then Spark. After that open wifi settings on the iPhone and connect to the remote that way, after that then go into the app, which worked!
Glad you got sorted, however it does take a few wi fi connections to get flying. i.e. Spark to RC and then RC to mobile device..:)

From what I understand if I use an OTG cable then I no longer need to mess with the RC wifi to phone connection. Can someone please confirm ?

Right. When using an OTG cable, you won't need to connect your mobile device to the remote controller via Wi-Fi.

Reactions: PhoNY-ID
From what I understand if I use an OTG cable then I no longer need to mess with the RC wifi to phone connection. Can someone please confirm ?
Correct,, with OTG you do not need Wi Fi between RC and Mobile device, however it works if you are using IOS. For Android you need to use a previous Firmware, does not work with latest Firmware!

Hi I am a new flyer and new to this app.

I seem to be having the same issue except I'm not using a remote controller I'm only using the phone I have the phone on and drone and there not connecting it shows the Wi-Fi on the phone is connected to the Drone but in the app not connecting.
Every time I want to fly I need to forget and reconnect to the Wi-Fi for the app to register
Was there a specific order of what needs to be turned on first the Drone or the app?
Thank you in advance for all the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis