Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kite flying

Very cool, though I did skip to the highlights! (wink). :p
So it begs the question, are kites UAV's? NIce work, I could see how that would be very challenging! Well done:cool:
I have thought of mounting an camera on a kite & flying in a obvious NFZ. There’s rumours about people being prosecuted because of their own Utube post. I could end up trying to prove it was a kite.

An example of how to make a simple idea, complicated. Attempting to do this by myself was a little frustrating & a lot of fun.
GoPro Splice

Good job.

I have a kite hanging in storage that I haven't flown for years.

Hmm....I didn't have a Spark back then.

I have thought of mounting an camera on a kite & flying...

I remember reading a photography magazine back in the day and they were using small tethered balloons with a timer on the 35mm film camera to take aerial photos of clock towers, statues, etc.

Boy, don't we have it easy today.

I too thought about hanging a camera from a kite when there was no budget for a drone. We almost always have windy days at our place, so it would probably have worked. My grandkids often fly them here. But, stability would be the issue....vibration, etc. Still might try it.. I was thinking two people with two strings connected to a board about 3 feet wide, camera center mounted... too bad helium is so rare and expensive, that would be another way to do this.

Sorry to those who have been frustrated by not being able to view this, I attempted to share without using Utube. I didn’t realise that this would exclude some viewers. Hopefully now I can entertain or torture all of you

I too thought about hanging a camera from a kite when there was no budget for a drone. We almost always have windy days at our place, so it would probably have worked. My grandkids often fly them here. But, stability would be the issue....vibration, etc. Still might try it.. I was thinking two people with two strings connected to a board about 3 feet wide, camera center mounted... too bad helium is so rare and expensive, that would be another way to do this.
I recently got a action camera, its what I used for the ground shots. It should remove the vibration. Kite stability is another problem, this small kite wouldn’t do, possibly a relatively small kite sailing type would. It would have more lifting power, gentle manoeuvrability, & extra control. ( those kites have brakes! ).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar