Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Max altitude.

DingDangKid

Join
Jul 30, 2018
Hello all!

I searched but cannot find results. I recently purchased Litchi and cannot change my max altitude. It says that aircraft is not connected even though I have full FPV and can change all other settings.

I'm on Android, using OTG and all apps are up to date.

If I remember correctly, this has been reported as a bug.
The value you set in GO 4 app will be stored in your craft, so regardless of which 3. party app you use.. max height will still be valid.

Reactions: DingDangKid
I will reach out to Lichti and see what they have to say. I know Spark support is new and there will be issues. Everything else works fine. Waypoint missions are awesome. I hope to get out tonight and try the other features in more open areas.

OTG worked just fine other than the altitude problem I am having. Follow normal procedure of boot AC and RC, wait for the pair then plug in phone to RC. Phone prompts to choose either DJI or Lichti.

That was a lightening fast response.

"
Hi,
The Android DJI SDK (not to be confused with DJI Go) does not currently support OTG connection for Spark. You must use wifi to connect.
We hope DJI will add support soon and then we will too.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi"

Flew it via WIFi moments ago and it worked flawlessly other than the connection is super unstable compared to OTG.

[QUOTE = "macros999, post: 63314, member: 12834"] Est-ce que OTG fonctionne, mais ils ont dit sur leur page Web que OTG n'était pas encore supporté? [/ QUOTE]
J'ai fais plusieurs vol avec mon "Spark"avec le câble OTG et ça fonctionne très bien. Désactiver le wifi et mettre sur la position avion.

[QUOTE = "macros999, post: 63314, member: 12834"] Est-ce que OTG fonctionne, mais ils ont dit sur leur page Web que OTG n'était pas encore supporté? [/ QUOTE]
J'ai fais plusieurs vol avec mon "Spark"avec le câble OTG et ça fonctionne très bien. Désactiver le wifi et mettre sur la position avion.

Vous voyagez avec l'application DJI GO 4 ou avec Litchi?

Yes, the error when trying set an altitude is a known problem with Litchi connected by OTG cable. With Wifi as connection between RC/drone it's working. The connection also recognized as being ocusynch instead of wifi. This means technically it does not recognize the drone/rc correctly.

Last edited:
OK, now in January 2019, the Litchi app no longer says it doesn't work with Spark over OTG, yet I get the exact same message as above. I only bought it because the OTG message was gone. Was I duped? It looks like I have a full connection to the aircraft. It's winter here in Michigan, so I haven't flown it yet with Litchi. So, does Litchi now support OTG for Spark? and if so, how can I set the max altitude?

Good afternoon. I may be kind of late to this party but I have a question and the post just prior to this is the most recent thing I've found. I've encountered the same problem in that I can set the rth altitude as well as the maximum altitude on the DJI Go 4 app with no problems and even though I exit the app, the setting holds. I should mention that I'm using an OTG cable. However when I use the litchi app it does not allow me to change either the maximum altitude nor the rth altitude and shows them as 50 m for maximum and 60 m for rth. I have sent an email to Litchi but today is Saturday and I suspect I'm not going to get a response until Monday but would like to have an answer to this so that I can fly the Spark this weekend. Any response with additional information would be most welcome. Preferably someone who has experienced a problem and work around it.

Good afternoon. I may be kind of late to this party but I have a question and the post just prior to this is the most recent thing I've found. I've encountered the same problem in that I can set the rth altitude as well as the maximum altitude on the DJI Go 4 app with no problems and even though I exit the app, the setting holds. I should mention that I'm using an OTG cable. However when I use the litchi app it does not allow me to change either the maximum altitude nor the rth altitude and shows them as 50 m for maximum and 60 m for rth. I have sent an email to Litchi but today is Saturday and I suspect I'm not going to get a response until Monday but would like to have an answer to this so that I can fly the Spark this weekend. Any response with additional information would be most welcome. Preferably someone who has experienced a problem and work around it.
Do not try to enter anything in those text fields.
It will use the values set in DJI Go app.
If, by any means, you wanna change them in Litchi, you need to ditch the cable and connect by wifi.. I think.
These values are stored in the Spark, so every 3. party app will use same settings when connected.
It's a long time bug and we kind of ignore it.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Thank you ? Haggi! I sort of suspected that to be the case, but being brand new to Litchi I didn't want to run the risk of having something unexpected happen during a flight or worse a return to home. If it's an issue that's been going on for some time I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed. I'm not sure how much more difficult it would be to write one or two more values to the drone and have them displayed properly from within the app. That notwithstanding I'm very glad to hear the information you provided. Thanks.

When using an Apple device and OTG, I almost never experience the Spark's (or my other DJI ACs) 'lost logs' or content corruption. Using an Android platform is much more problematic.

My M2P coupled with DJI's (Android) . SC is a tedious chore doing pre-flight checks, and is odious mid-flight. My M2P, with an SC, does exactly what you describe, until I perform a careful preflight task:

1. I ensure the SC has developer mode enabled.
2. I disable any and all DJI applications (They will reappear, after a reboot on the SC.)
3. I start Litchi, and ensure I am in Waypoint Mode. At the bottom of Litchi's mode menu (FPV, WP, Orbit, etc.)....there is an option to logout, and l do that religiously.
4. I then log right back in to Litchi, and compare my missions, using Goog Chrome, between my mission hub DB, and whatever phone or tablet device I use (connected to AC via OTG,if needed)...I only use Android when flying my M2P.
4. Once I have reviewed, compared, & verified all the AC settings between Litchi and Go4, I manually lift off, via the stick "down and in"....followed by left stick up...I never use auto take-off via Android....and rarely using iOS.

To be fair, now and again, the SC does seem miraculous when any quality footage arrives intact, and machine readable upon landing. :)

Last edited:
Just received the following email from Litchi support. It confirms the information that was previously provided by Haggi. They said:

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)
29 Jul, 12:11 BST
Hi,

This is correct. Litchi may not show the correct values for these settings and you may not be able to change them in Litchi but the values that DJI Go shows will be used and you can change them in DJI Go.
The bug is known by DJI but they haven't fixed it yet (the bug is in the DJI SDK code, not to be confused with DJI Go). It is only for Spark and only when using OTG.

Kind Regards,
Litchi

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers