Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Look what flew over us yesterday

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi. Just wanted to share a couple of shots (absolutely NOT from my Spark) of the Airbus Beluga that came to see us in Bristol yesterday. We have a huge Airbus factory here and are very proud of their work. The aircraft came to pay its respect to the employees on its way up to its UK base in Harwardine Cheshire. Loads of plane enthusiasts watching some of whom would have loved to get their Sparks up but stills were the order of the day. Hope this may access the Forum-on the basis that it shows us Spark pilots are capable of restraint and obeying the Rules!E34858F9-D367-4BD9-B533-2CFE4106C127.jpeg9445AB3A-BCAC-4330-A54B-6B7970178FBB.jpeg9445AB3A-BCAC-4330-A54B-6B7970178FBB.jpeg

Thanks. Sorry for duplicate shots 2 and 3! As you will imagine I took a few-shutter pressed for most of the fly past.

Thanks for sharing that! I did not know about it. I Love the design :)

Hi. Just wanted to share a couple of shots (absolutely NOT from my Spark) of the Airbus Beluga that came to see us in Bristol yesterday. We have a huge Airbus factory here and are very proud of their work. The aircraft came to pay its respect to the employees on its way up to its UK base in Harwardine Cheshire. Loads of plane enthusiasts watching some of whom would have loved to get their Sparks up but stills were the order of the day. Hope this may access the Forum-on the basis that it shows us Spark pilots are capable of restraint and obeying the Rules!View attachment 8828View attachment 8829View attachment 8829
Cool! Employer of Fokker in the Netherlands here, doing a lot of work for Airbus as well (sadly mainly the A380...) Always cool when these special occassions occur!

Apparently the increasing orders for the smaller Airbus fleet will hopefully help those affected by the 380 demise. Not sure from your post if you are affected-if you are, very best of luck.

Reactions: JoostGT3
I apologise for what I personally think of this aircraft it's certainly impresely big but at the same time the most deformed ugly plane I ever see. Not sure why they made it to look like that.

Reactions: graywoulf
Not sure why they made it to look like that.

It's a special use cargo plane for carrying large oversized cargo such as aircraft or rocket parts.

I see, well I guess it makes sense now. But still, the front of the aircraft looks like the head of a whale... Lol.

Hence the name, after the Beluga whale.

They even painted it to look like one.

Screenshot_20190216-050155~2.png

Apparently the increasing orders for the smaller Airbus fleet will hopefully help those affected by the 380 demise. Not sure from your post if you are affected-if you are, very best of luck.
Thanks for the good wishes! We manufacture the glare fuselage panels and therefore the company definitely is affected. It creates opportunities as well, so I am not personally affected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena