Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like I will have something interesting to video

Well so much for the small town life. Not that Fredericksburg is all that small. And just think about how your property value is going to rise too! And yeah, you are going to have a lot of fun making videos of the construction progress. I think it's time to invest in that Inspire since you now have your Part 107. :D

Well so much for the small town life. Not that Fredericksburg is all that small. And just think about how your property value is going to rise too! And yeah, you are going to have a lot of fun making videos of the construction progress. I think it's time to invest in that Inspire since you now have your Part 107. :D

Nope - still not part 107 - just know a lot about it :D

You can buzz those touristas! <evil grin> Looks like a nice complex. And it will bring some jobs to town, so that's a win win really.

Not really because to coin a phrase, "The rent is too **** high"... our workforce is being taxed out of the local area.
I hope this translates but an 800sqft 2bed 1 bath apartment is $1400/mo
We got lucky and have a 3br 2 bath 1000sqft for $1150

My sister-in-law when they were here had the cheapest house rent in the town - $650/ mo for 2 br 1 bath about 950sq ft re-joined duplex and a huge "back 40" yard. So big they raised chickens :D
It was since sold out from under them, upgraded and now rents for $1,500/mo

A 900sq ft house is for sale down the road from us - 2 br 1 bath, hot water heater exposed under the microwave in the kitchen...washer hookup in the bathroom with a hole in the floor for the dryer - $225,000

Tax here is $0.28/ $100 value - but the values they assess is ridiculous.

"Grandma's house" in the 60's may have been $15K here but with moderate upgrades and good upkeep is well over $400,000 now.

Not really because to coin a phrase, "The rent is too **** high"... our workforce is being taxed out of the local area.
I hope this translates but an 800sqft 2bed 1 bath apartment is $1400/mo
We got lucky and have a 3br 2 bath 1000sqft for $1150

My sister-in-law when they were here had the cheapest house rent in the town - $650/ mo for 2 br 1 bath about 950sq ft re-joined duplex and a huge "back 40" yard. So big they raised chickens :D
It was since sold out from under them, upgraded and now rents for $1,500/mo

A 900sq ft house is for sale down the road from us - 2 br 1 bath, hot water heater exposed under the microwave in the kitchen...washer hookup in the bathroom with a hole in the floor for the dryer - $225,000

Tax here is $0.28/ $100 value - but the values they assess is ridiculous.

"Grandma's house" in the 60's may have been $15K here but with moderate upgrades and good upkeep is well over $400,000 now.

I feel ya. In the big city near me (when I am working south) a one bedroom apartment is around 1800/month. And housing prices... wow, they went through the roof... we should have waited another 5 years before we moved north... we'd have doubled our money. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Everything has become ridiculously over priced. <end of rant>

Well, gentrification of small towns is an issue here too... that drives everything up.

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502