Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost control: repost

Faithley

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Good day fellow airman lol.

Just a question, yesterday while flying my spark it became non responsive, it just hovered in the air, it didn't lose signal cause it was just about 3meters up above me. Nothing I did on my phone helped. I couldn't pitch the gimbal up or down and had lost total control over it. I could still see what the live image the camera was showing and 20seconds later it Landed. it even asked on the app to swipe to land, but even that was not responding. Does anyone have an explanation of what happened? I'm using my mobile phone and don't have a remote I feel this is happening because of the last update. This never happened before

I have not flown with my phone, but once pressed the pause button unknowingly on the remote... It just stopped midair, nothing was working, and I got into a bit of a panic... I pressed everything, and after I got to the pause button things went back to normal. You did not perhaps by accident did the same thing?

Thanks for replying

I don't think there's a pause button on the screen while using the phone to fly. It happened twice, on one charge 2 flights after each other, it just froze up there. I thought I had to wait till the battery ran out but it descended on its own then it asked on the app to swipe to land, but even that was not responding, it said failed to land. I had to get low twice to grab the drone while it was hovering just below knee hight and tilt it to shut down the Motors. I even restarted the app thinking it would help but it didn't do anything the drone was just hanging in the air.

Difficult to say. Not many people use the phones to control the bird. It is more of a DJI marketing gimic.

Possible things that may have disrupted it. Could your device have dropped wifi to the bird if you were in range of the priority wifi network? Could there have been a bluetooth or other app calling for wifi or bluetooth communication?

Sounds like your bird lost connection and then began RTH sequence.

Highly recommend the DJI remote.

Hi like I've said I could still see what the drone was seeing at that moment. Same thing happened today the AC was about head hight and when I walked around it I could see myself in the phone screen so it didn't disconnect from wifi. I just couldn't control any movements at all but the video feed was still running live. I never have Bluetooth on and my phone is always on Flight mode when I fly so that I don't get any calls during the flight. I'm too poor to buy a remote I got the drone as a gift from a friend

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit