Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost drone proactive approach

Join
Oct 17, 2019
I often read a lot about drone owners looking for help locating a lost drone. Many of you know this but some don't. If I can help anyone reading this then it's worth posting. It's a good idea to have a shortcut ready on your computer to read flight logs (such as DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help )
Have a practice downloading logs and get acquainted with the software. It's better doing this in your own time than fumbling through it whilst your spark is sitting lost somewhere and time is of essence. Also ensure you have the leads to hand to connect your mobile device to your computer. It's best to be prepared! Happy flying.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help is a great tool for reading and analyzing flight records but if you would like to a keep a record of all your flight records online, you should go for Airdata. The free version gives you a limit of 100 flight records. If you exceed the limit, the records are put in archive for a period of 60 days and which they are automatically deleted on FIFO basis. Another advantage of using Airdata is that you can sync your logs directly from the Go4 app without manually searching and uploading them. Once you link your DJI account with Airdata, you just need to press the sync button on the Go4 app and the logs are automatically synced with Airdata. Online sync is also available for 3rd party apps like Litchi. I have now made it a habit to sync all my flight records after I return home and I check the logs from time to time via Airdata.

1.JPG

Last edited:
I am also an airdata.com fan. Here is a link to a flight of mine where you can see all kinds of info (including exactly where it went to). It is an "active" link, meaning you can see almost everything I can see, most things are clickable if you want to poke around:

Reactions: Spark 317
Airdata is my "go to" also. I use the free version and currently sync manually. I keep all my flight logs on my PC and only upload those where I want check events or see the performance data.

Drone was not lost, but...

I was out in the back roads of Oklahoma looking for interesting spots to fly. Flew a whole battery at one and decided to find another. After about half an hour of driving, I found a spot that might be interesting, but to my horror, I did not have the bag or batteries or spare props or or or... I had the drone and remote, but the bag was not in the car where I thought.

"Oh, shoot. Where was I?" I was dreading a long task wandering these back roads.

"Oh, wait, GO4 knows where it last saw my drone, when I turned it off holding it standing a few feet from the lost bag!" So I said, "Find my drone." It drew me a map, showed me where I was and where I flew, and after a short drive, I was reunited with the lost bag.

Drone was not lost, but...

I was out in the back roads of Oklahoma looking for interesting spots to fly. Flew a whole battery at one and decided to find another. After about half an hour of driving, I found a spot that might be interesting, but to my horror, I did not have the bag or batteries or spare props or or or... I had the drone and remote, but the bag was not in the car where I thought.

"Oh, shoot. Where was I?" I was dreading a long task wandering these back roads.

"Oh, wait, GO4 knows where it last saw my drone, when I turned it off holding it standing a few feet from the lost bag!" So I said, "Find my drone." It drew me a map, showed me where I was and where I flew, and after a short drive, I was reunited with the lost bag.
Clever use of the feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit