Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Maximum distance travel per battery (not range)

If I plan for it, I go close to 8km per trip. Farest away was 3.9 km distance across a valley in the Alps. I had to return because of battery fear, not reach. FCC and circular antenna.

Hint: if you don't use Sport mode on return, at least push the throttle in RTH mode. Makes the drone return faster too. Just pushing RTH at 4km away will probably make you loose the drone.

The default RTH speed is 10m/s. Just a round figure, NOT the most efiicient RTH speed!

Last edited:
Hi all,
First full day of flying the Spark in the UK (iOS + fly more bundle).
I’m really struggling to get anything approaching 1km per battery charge. I’m not talking about starting at point A and just going as far and as fast as I can in a straight line, I’m just buzzing around the garden the field next door and never going beyond 300m, just meandering around learning how to fly. The batteries seem to last around 13 -15 mins but the total distance covered is no more than 600 to 800m.
I’ve made 4 individual trips for one charge and the distance travelled ranges from 15m to 500m per trip.
Can anyone explain what’s going on? Is this normal?

Is your obstacle avoidance on? If so, turning it off will increase your speed and you should be able to get the distance you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis