Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Morning at Marina Bay, Singapore

Rwarrior

Join
Apr 13, 2018
Hi there,
Some shots of my morning flight last week at Marina Bay in Singapore.
Hope you like them!
Cheers and safe flying...
Ranjit

Attachments

• DJI_100_3340_stitch HDR.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 38
  • DJI_3384 HDR.JPG
    DJI_3384 HDR.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • DJI_3393 HDR.JPG
    DJI_3393 HDR.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • DJI_100_3431_stitch.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 26
  • DJI_3407.MP4_snapshot.jpg
    DJI_3407.MP4_snapshot.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
You are an amazing photographer Ranjit. Thank you for sharing your clicks here. Btw, are those 180 degree panoramas?

You are an amazing photographer Ranjit. Thank you for sharing your clicks here. Btw, are those 180 degree panoramas?
Many thanks Nilanjan, altho' I'll be the first to admit that a good camera / drone plus editing software is taking a lot of the guesswork out of the equation nowadays, and let's us just focus on the image composition (just my view, of course :)).

Re: the panoramas, the first pano (DJI 100_3340) is a 180 deg pano (21 shots), while the second (DJI 100_3431) is a Horizontal pano (9 shots).
Both were stitched on Microsoft ICE, and HDR applied via Nik Collection HD Efex Pro2

Hope this helps!
Cheers..

Reactions: nilanjan118
Thanks for the details mate. I totally agree with you that getting the right composition is the main challenge these days. The rest is taken care by the camera itself or can be taken care later in post-processing.

I'm visiting Singapore in October. Originally I thought I wouldn't take the Spark but after seeing these excellent pictures I'm tempted to pack it.
What are the restrictions for flying drones Rwarrior? I thought most areas would be restricted due to Changi.

I'm visiting Singapore in October. Originally I thought I wouldn't take the Spark but after seeing these excellent pictures I'm tempted to pack it.
What are the restrictions for flying drones Rwarrior? I thought most areas would be restricted due to Changi.
Hi Pinthenet,
Good to hear from you!
You're right that S'pore is fairly restricted in terms of where to fly, due to it's built-up and relatively small land mass. But there are still some nice spots to get great pics and videos, and which do not contravene the laws.
A useful reference is Airmap and also a local website called Fly Where SG : Singapore Drone No Fly Zones Map | FLYWHERE.SG
You can see that most of the West, North, and East parts are NFZs, due to civilian and military airports; however the South Central area is available, albeit up to max of 60m. Good places are Marina Bay, Marina Barrage, and Marina South Pier.
In addition, many of the National Parks are off-limits (Parks with 'No Flying' Signs ) but some are possible (Kent Ridge Park, Telok Blangah Park, Kranji War Memorial).
Finally, do note the local regulations on drones. They are not overly onerous, and just require our usual discipline of ensuring safe flying : Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The great thing is that most of these spots are easily reachable by public transport, and won't take more than half an hour by train/car/taxi.
Conclusion ? - please do bring your Spark, you won't regret it!!

Cheers, and ping me when you're closer to your trip here - happy to help in any way I can.

PS: Sorry for the shameless plug - please also see my video on locations where i've flown :

Reactions: nilanjan118
Cant agree more with Rwarrior , "please do bring your Spark, you won't regret it!!"

Here's mine shameless plug as well :)

-

-

Reactions: Rwarrior
Hi Pinthenet,
Good to hear from you!
You're right that S'pore is fairly restricted in terms of where to fly, due to it's built-up and relatively small land mass. But there are still some nice spots to get great pics and videos, and which do not contravene the laws.
A useful reference is Airmap and also a local website called Fly Where SG : Singapore Drone No Fly Zones Map | FLYWHERE.SG
You can see that most of the West, North, and East parts are NFZs, due to civilian and military airports; however the South Central area is available, albeit up to max of 60m. Good places are Marina Bay, Marina Barrage, and Marina South Pier.
In addition, many of the National Parks are off-limits (Parks with 'No Flying' Signs ) but some are possible (Kent Ridge Park, Telok Blangah Park, Kranji War Memorial).
Finally, do note the local regulations on drones. They are not overly onerous, and just require our usual discipline of ensuring safe flying : Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The great thing is that most of these spots are easily reachable by public transport, and won't take more than half an hour by train/car/taxi.
Conclusion ? - please do bring your Spark, you won't regret it!!

Cheers, and ping me when you're closer to your trip here - happy to help in any way I can.

PS: Sorry for the shameless plug - please also see my video on locations where i've flown :

Thanks for the detailed info Ranjit. I was about to ask you the same. Cheers mate!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers