Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first steps with a drone, the first three weeks with the Spark

Paterson

Join
Oct 10, 2022
I purchased my spark with 2 batteries and a remote control almost three weeks ago. I was instantly hooked - my first flight was perfect. In other words, there were no injuries, nor was anything damaged.
I spent the evenings to watch Spark videos on Youtube. Soon I also realized what I didn't know. I also registered to get the drone licenses UNO (the examination for part-time and hobby pilots) and DUE (the exam for professional drone pilots). I am now busy learning. In addition to the theoretical learning for the licenses, I fly as often as possible. That means flying clean triangles, circles or squares etc.
My next buy was a second little flown Spark with four original propeller sets, protective bars, and four new accumulators and other accessories such as cables, protective caps, etc. available for CHF 200 on the Swiss Online Börse Ricardo.
The only new device that I also bought was the mobile charging station that cost 49 francs, the dealer sold it with a 50% reduction.
I like that device very much : the batteries can now load on the go, I find it very practical. With that and with now a total of 6 batteries, I have enough flight time outdoors.
So my entire first drone equipment cost almost CHF 400. I think my Spark equipement is now complete.
Oh, I also had my first almost drone conflict. I flew on a vineyard when an angry gentleman came towards me. He said I had filmed him and it was forbidden to film here. In fact, I had the permit from the landowner, the winemaker. So I was able to defuse the situation and offered the man to try to fly the drone. I was glad that I had clarified everything with the landowner before. Well, I think such situations are also part of the hobby.

Welcome to the Spark forum. You'll need to post your vineyard video please!

The Spark is very easy to get proficient with, sounds like you’re on the way.
YouTube and reading the forum here, watching others videos etc, all helps.

The charging station is fantastic.
Did you manage a get the storage / carry case for it too ?
Getting hard to find now, but can be online in some of the eBay type stores.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe