Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

my latest video of the beach and sunrise at the Ritz Carlton in CA

Very nice! How did you obtain smooth slow motion?

Very nice! How did you obtain smooth slow motion?
Thank you!

I edit my video in Final Cut Pro X. I slow the video and then pick optical flow for the blending option. I'm actually making a series of how to videos on this specific video... Here is the first one:

I'll be talking answering your question in part 2 and/or 3

Brilliant, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your series.

Thanks for the how-to videos @robertwsimpson !!!! It definitely helps me and the community to learn how to better edit our raw videos.
What computing machine are you using with Final Cut Pro X?
What would be your video editing software recommendation for Windows people?

Reactions: robertwsimpson
Thanks for the how-to videos @robertwsimpson !!!! It definitely helps me and the community to learn how to better edit our raw videos.
What computing machine are you using with Final Cut Pro X?
What would be your video editing software recommendation for Windows people?
I’m using a MacBook Pro in this video. A very old one without a Retina display. That’s why the resolution is so terrible! I have always been a fan of the adobe suite. With After Effects, the sky is the limit when it comes to editing. The first thing I would invest in though is a high quality monitor that can be color calibrated. It makes a world of difference.

Hope you like!
Awesome!
It's funny, recently I was mounting a Sony HDR-AS50 action cam to my eBike and riding the coast shooting through Venice, Santa Monica, and part of Malibu on back to Redondo Beach. I knew drones was missing, so I got one recently so I could expand creativity. Seems like fun stuff.

But now, got learn all the drone craziness aside from just flying and filming. I was blown away just looking flight apps like 'Airmap' and DJI's Go 4 App and all the airspace regulations, but I've learned a lot just sitting at my desk. lols. Luckily we have that modern convenience. : )

Last edited:
Reactions: robertwsimpson
Awesome!
It's funny, recently I was mounting a Sony HDR-AS50 action cam to my eBike and riding the coast shooting through Venice, Santa Monica, and part of Malibu on back to Redondo Beach. I knew drones was missing, so I got one recently so I could expand creativity. Seems like fun stuff.

But now, got learn all the drone craziness aside from just flying and filming. I was blown away just looking flight apps like 'Airmap' and DJI's Go 4 App and all the airspace regulations, but I've learned a lot just sitting at my desk. lols. Luckily we have that modern convenience. : )
Yep! So many tools at our disposal! Welcome to the club!

Amazing! Shouting out from Kingston Jamaica. We have beautiful landscape and beaches here. It's frightening to think the kind of shots you could take. Think about it for your next vacation.

Reactions: joeboston617
Amazing! Shouting out from Kingston Jamaica. We have beautiful landscape and beaches here. It's frightening to think the kind of shots you could take. Think about it for your next vacation.
oh man, I would love to go back now that I have a drone! We stopped on a cruise and did Dunn's River falls, which would have been pretty cool as well as riding horses and snorkeling. the drone would have been amazing to have along for the ride!

Thanks for the comments!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar