Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Mexico balloon festival

MVGsparked

Join
Jan 7, 2019
Is there anyone from New Mexico
or visited there during the balloon festival. I am going this year and was wondering what the rules for drone flights is . I'd like to get some footage.

Hi MVG,

Here is a link to the 2019 guest guide. I looked thru it kind of quick and I didn't see that it doesn't mentioned drones.

2019 Guest Guide

[email protected] This is an email for contacting them.

I have to say that there are so many balloons in the air at one time I wouldn't want to be close, but from a distance might be some good footage. I may have to try it. I live on the west side of Albuquerque and I am up higher than the balloon field.

Good Luck.

Reactions: MVGsparked
Hi MVG,

Here is a link to the 2019 guest guide. I looked thru it kind of quick and I didn't see that it doesn't mentioned drones.

2019 Guest Guide

I have to say that there are so many balloons in the air at one time I wouldn't want to be close, but from a distance might be some good footage. I may have to try it. I live on the west side of Albuquerque and I am up higher than the balloon field.

Good Luck.
Thank you so much for the info

Hi MVG,

2019 Guest Guide

Good Luck.

The Albequerque Ballon Fiesta has banned drones since 2014 Each year they have enforced it more aggressively. There is possibly no other event with greater awareness and prohibition of drones. It was all over the news last year.

You can fly 4 miles from outer boundary of park but must yield to any manned aircraft.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit