Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New owner - Landing gear w/ prop guard combo

tambay

Join
Dec 11, 2017
Just ordered the spark through target. They have a deal going on that will save 20 for every $100 spent. Spent $324 including tax on the drone and 1 battery and fillers. Saved more because I used the redcard.

Anyway do any of you have this prop guard and leg extension combo? Landing Gear Extension Legs Propeller Props Guard Accessory for DJI SPARK RC667 | eBay seems interesting and I would like to get them.

Also anyone know where to but the remote for decent price? Thanks

Just a side note.. Using prop guards will drop your flight time by about two minutes (say 12 minutes down to 10). Adding longer feet might reduce more. (Also, make sure the prop guards and feet don't need to clip onto the same place!)

Just an FYI that you'll be sacrificing a pretty big percentage of flight time to use them.

I started out using the prop guards but decided I didn't need them and took them off after about a week. The craft performs better in the wind without the prop guards. Later, I found a set of "feet" on Amazon and put them on without prop guards. I really LIKE having the feet on there. You don't feel like your camera is getting dragged around with them on.... plus, they straddle your hand when you let it land in your hand which I often do.

Thank you for all your suggestions. BTW I'm currently using the 3dr solo, but size and the weight is not convenient for travelling.

Depends on your flying exp. If you are new, you might want the prop guard for the first few flights until you are confident in controlling the drone. I have flown drones and helicopters in the past and I still needed to use the guards until I was comfortable with understanding how the Spark flies.

Also I launch from my hand all the time, I set the "fn" button to takeoff and landing. and I land in my palm all the time as well, so no need for the legs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast