Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark 2 at DJI's Because Life is Big Event? One product already confirmed!

Good point.

What good is the distance if the flight time is short.

Unless it is used for a solid transmission signal for video connection vs distance?

Just thinking out loud.
Not certain, but I think occusync is between the drone and the RC, and not the RC to the monitor, but it might improve both. I don't know

"Wishing for more is simply acknowledging that you should have spent more - simple as that."

True. However, had I known the Mavic air was coming. I would not have bought the Spark. I feel sucker punched. The Spark was released in May 2017 (or there about), and the Air was released less than a year later. It would have been nice if DJI offered a trade in at that time. I realize it's pennies on the dollar, but it would have at least offset the cost.

I have since moved on to a used (Battery 2 charges) MP Alpine White, so no hard feelings. Still, had the air been released before the Spark, nobody would have bought the Spark, and I suspect DJI marketing knew that...sucker punch.
Problem is *everyone* has perfect 20-20 hindsight.
I had a MP first, then I got a Phantom 4 Pro then I got a Spark as a "scout" drone. I have zero complaints - this is a fun little bird to fly!
If you need better capabilities then as I said you spend more money - the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro were available when you bought your Spark. Most reviews even disparaged it as a "selfie drone" - which IMHO is seriously selling the Spark short. So I would assume you bought it eyes wide open.
I do wish on occasion it had a 3 axis gimbal - there's a serious twitch/lurch in yawing turns - but I have to remind myself - that ain't what I bought it for. Another plus would be if it had articulating arms like its big brother.

Problem is *everyone* has perfect 20-20 hindsight.
I had a MP first, then I got a Phantom 4 Pro then I got a Spark as a "scout" drone. I have zero complaints - this is a fun little bird to fly!
If you need better capabilities then as I said you spend more money - the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro were available when you bought your Spark. Most reviews even disparaged it as a "selfie drone" - which IMHO is seriously selling the Spark short. So I would assume you bought it eyes wide open.
I do wish on occasion it had a 3 axis gimbal - there's a serious twitch/lurch in yawing turns - but I have to remind myself - that ain't what I bought it for. Another plus would be if it had articulating arms like its big brother.
I think the problem is there was no way to have enough foresight. Expectations toward the future were for a new Mavic Pro, and not a Mavic Air. The Air was an out of left field surprise that disappointed many anticipating a new MP.
For me, the challenge to committing to a Mavic Pro was not the money, rather the fragile nature of the gimbal. At that time, I had too little experience to warrant the additional cost given, in my case, the higher likelihood of crashing, and additional expense of repair.
The Spark did give me greater confidence, and would gladly have stayed with it, if it were not for that horrific YAW...deal killer.
Ironically, I suspect there maybe Mavic Air owners who feel sucker punched when less than a year later the new Mavic Pros were released.
The way these drones are being released looks like a leap frog.
I do now have far greater skill, and would not part with my MP Alpine White for a MA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit