Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New UAC Issue With DJI Assistant 2 FIX

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
The most recent March Cumulative Update for Windows 10 has disabled DJI Assistant 2 for some.
The following instructions are to create a bat file and a shortcut to the bat file with admin privlages to install DJI Assistant 2.
In a separate instruction, you will also need to create the bat file and shortcut to run the program.

This is the install fix:

Lets keep this simple -
1) Copy or Move the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 installer to the root of a flash drive
2) Change the name of the installer to DJI.exe
3) Create a .txt file on the flash drive and name it Install.txt
4) Type in the path to the installer - in my case K:\DJI.exe where "K" id the path of your own flash drive
5) Save the .txt file
6) Change the .txt file to .bat
7) Right click the flash drive window where the other files you were just working with are at and select New then Shortcut
8) Browse to the Install.bat file, click "Next" and then "Finish"
9) Right click the Install.bat - Shortcut and select "Properties"
10) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
11) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"

Voilá

This is for if you have installed the program and it does not work after the March Cumulative Updates

Here is the fix:
1) Create a .txt file - I suggest in the DJI folder where the .exe for Assistant is and name it whatever you wish
2) Copy YOUR path to DJI Assistant 2 in C:\program Files (x86) and include the DJI Assistant 2.exe
3) Paste to the .txt file
4) Put quotes before the C and after the E
NOTE* My case only ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe" )
5) save .txt file
6) Change .txt file to .bat
7) Right click and "Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
8) Right click the new shortcut and select "Properties"
9) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
10) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"

Double Voilá

Hi. I tried this. Used the first part. Application installed OK. Executed and it ran. Tried to run it a second time and the red blocked warning appeared.

Then I tried the second part. When I click the shortcut the Windows Command Processor appears. I click Run, a small window flashes quickly (can't read anything) but DJI Assistant doesn't appear.

Hi. I tried this. Used the first part. Application installed OK. Executed and it ran. Tried to run it a second time and the red blocked warning appeared.

Then I tried the second part. When I click the shortcut the Windows Command Processor appears. I click Run, a small window flashes quickly (can't read anything) but DJI Assistant doesn't appear.

Double check that syntax in the bat file on the second part.

Remember, that first section is for the install only and the second part is to run it - each time until they fix it.

Good evening.

Just received my new Spark and am trying to update it before doing any testing (new pilot, first drone).

I encountered the same problem with Assistant 2 and was thrilled to find this post but....

I have gone over your instructions in detail several times and I still cannot get it to recognize the Spark. In carrying out the first part of the instructions it goes exactly as it should (including installing the drivers in a command prompt window) and the program installs. When executing the second part of your instructions the Assist program comes up as it should but the Spark is still not recognized. I have tried it with a couple of different USB wires thinking perhaps it was a faulty wire but, no dice.

Stumped and would love to get this done so I can give it a run for the money. By the way, I am running Windows 7/64, not 10 but thought I might luck out and it would work..

Any ideas, suggestions, help would be most welcome. Thanks.

Frustrated!

Len

Good evening.

Just received my new Spark and am trying to update it before doing any testing (new pilot, first drone).

I encountered the same problem with Assistant 2 and was thrilled to find this post but....

I have gone over your instructions in detail several times and I still cannot get it to recognize the Spark. In carrying out the first part of the instructions it goes exactly as it should (including installing the drivers in a command prompt window) and the program installs. When executing the second part of your instructions the Assist program comes up as it should but the Spark is still not recognized. I have tried it with a couple of different USB wires thinking perhaps it was a faulty wire but, no dice.

Stumped and would love to get this done so I can give it a run for the money. By the way, I am running Windows 7/64, not 10 but thought I might luck out and it would work..

Any ideas, suggestions, help would be most welcome. Thanks.

Frustrated!

Len

Sure, the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 works.

All this in OP, just runs installer and assistant 2 itself, with administrator's privileges.

Cannot anyone right click, and choose "run as administrator"?

All this in OP, just runs installer and assistant 2 itself, with administrator's privileges.

Cannot anyone right click, and choose "run as administrator"?

With the original break...run as administrator did not work.
Worked the way it was listed.

But now the new DJI Assistant 2 works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme