Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New user totally lost

Heyduke

Join
Feb 26, 2021
Was given a new Spark Fly More a few weeks ago. Been trying to get it to work but have run into a number of roadblocks. Some of which I have gotten around. Recently, though, when I turned on the drone I got the dreaded 4 solid red lights. Tried reinstalling the firmware update in hopes that might help. The drone beeped and restarted as advertised and ended with 2 green lights and 2 red. I turned it off and then turned it back on and the 4 red lights were back. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Would a RESET be one way to get back to my starting point.

The drone has been sitting on my desk and has not been physically damaged.

Reactions: Mavikhan
HI, welcome to the forum.

Problems, eh? Ok, quite possibly the forum can be of assistance. Firstly, we (the forum) need a little more to go on. There are several possibilities. First one I am thinking of is you may be in a "NO FLY ZONE". Secondly, pairing may not have been completed. Is the app on an android or apple device. Where are you? Please gives us a little more detail about what your configuration and connections are. I am sure other members will be more than happy to chime in and get you airborne,

I am in Denmark. I believe the drone had been paired. Lights were normal for a while. Using an iPhone together with the Remote Control that came with the combo package. Just for easy reference I will repeat: I turned it off and then turned it back on and the 4 red lights were back. Tried reinstalling the firmware update in hopes that might help. The drone beeped and restarted as advertised and ended with 2 green lights and 2 red. I turned it off and then turned it back on and the 4 red lights were back. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Would a RESET be one way to get back to my starting point.

Not sure what other configuration info you might need. I am not technically literate.

I'm not really sure what may be wrong. I will say that, for myself at least, I have had compatibility issues with Apple and the Spark. I run Apple with my Mavic Air, no problems! BUT, I did have issues with my Spark. I run my Samsung Tab A with my Spark, no issues. This works for me. Perhaps others may chime in with more sound advice.

I do recall that, at least 1 year ago, I did contact DJI support and was informed the Spark is NOT fully compatible with Apple. It may be that others have no issues with Apple, but I did.

The for whatever it's worth dept: both my iPad Mini 5 and Samsung Tab A are tethered via wifi to my Note8 when flying.

Was given a new Spark Fly More a few weeks ago. Been trying to get it to work but have run into a number of roadblocks. Some of which I have gotten around. Recently, though, when I turned on the drone I got the dreaded 4 solid red lights. Tried reinstalling the firmware update in hopes that might help. The drone beeped and restarted as advertised and ended with 2 green lights and 2 red. I turned it off and then turned it back on and the 4 red lights were back. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Would a RESET be one way to get back to my starting point.

The drone has been sitting on my desk and has not been physically damaged.
Gosh, Heyduke, was hoping to hear about your success by now. Sure hoping you get the help you need soon. Is there anyone else in Denmark that may have a Spark near enough to come by and assist? Let me suggest you start watching the many Spark YouTube videos on various aspect of connecting the three devices. Hoping others reading this will get someone to contact you, even by phone to talk through it. What about the person that gave it to you?

WELCOME ABOARD!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers