Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No channel bars???

ianthurtell

Join
Mar 22, 2018
Hi all, from Cape Town, South Africa.
I see a lot of you say that you can select a good channel with the least interference
When I'm ready to fly and setup, as I click on my WiFi it instantly goes to 5.8ghz with no option for 2.4.
Also, no bars come up in the channels to show interference. In fact I've never seen these " bars"

I have exactly the same expiriences - with original official 4.2.6 app and both hacked apps, MOD2 and LITE.
But the range is flawless up to little above 1000m (did not push further) as I don't feel a need to go that far.
I'm still curious though why I can't see those bars.

Same here, brand new Spark in CE mode,
no bars and no chance to switch band, stuck into
5.8 GHz mode

4.2.6 app, with remote control, no otg, Huawei p9 lite as mobile device

In my case, that could be due to forcing FCC mode.
App prompts me to reset WiFi settings ''since I fly in another country''.
Which I allways cancel. :D

Reactions: Stathis_K.
Hi all, from Cape Town, South Africa.
I see a lot of you say that you can select a good channel with the least interference
When I'm ready to fly and setup, as I click on my WiFi it instantly goes to 5.8ghz with no option for 2.4.
Also, no bars come up in the channels to show interference. In fact I've never seen these " bars"
Hi Ianthurtell

I am also from Cape Town South Africa.

To change to 2.4 and see the channels with the least interference, power on the spark, go into settings where you see "auto or custom" for the Wi-Fi channel. Select custom, you will then see the bars at the bottom. By selecting a channel 1-13 with least interference (shortest bar) and clicking apply at the bottom, you spark Wi-Fi will reset and then connect on 2.4ghz if you selected a channel between 1-13.

Personally the furthest distance I have got in CT is 120m on 2.4 and about 90m on 5ghz.

What range are you getting?

Hi Ianthurtell

I am also from Cape Town South Africa.

To change to 2.4 and see the channels with the least interference, power on the spark, go into settings where you see "auto or custom" for the Wi-Fi channel. Select custom, you will then see the bars at the bottom. By selecting a channel 1-13 with least interference (shortest bar) and clicking apply at the bottom, you spark Wi-Fi will reset and then connect on 2.4ghz if you selected a channel between 1-13.

Personally the furthest distance I have got in CT is 120m on 2.4 and about 90m on 5ghz.

What range are you getting?
Hi Gareth
Thanks for your reply
I've done what you've stated above nearly every time I've flown, I've never seen bars in the channels or had 2.4
Im thinking it must be my phone? Xiaomi 4x. What are you on?
I flew this morn at Llandudno and in one straight line got 170m out to sea and 110m high, I pushed past the "low signal please adjust your aerials" message that popped up at around 100m, kept getting green GPS then not but I had constant smooth video feed, so technically still good connection?
I then flew along the beach, got 110m dame thing but would actually disconect a bit..... But still could fly it?
So I'm guessing the disconect is just video feed?

Hi Gareth
Thanks for your reply
I've done what you've stated above nearly every time I've flown, I've never seen bars in the channels or had 2.4
I flew this morn at Llandudno and in one straight line got 170m out to sea and 110m high, I pushed past the "low signal please adjust your aerials" message that popped up at around 100m, kept getting green GPS then not but I had constant smooth video feed, so technically still good connection?
I then flew along the beach, got 110m dame thing but would actually disconect a bit..... But still could fly it?

Then I am not to sure? Maybe your device. I am using a Samsung S8.

I have changed to 2.4ghz by changing from auto to custom and then choosing a channel between 1-13 and then the spark resets the wifi connection.

Another cheap tip, have you used parabolic range extenders for your spark? Google them, really cheap additional to make and has been an absolute game change for me. Feed is as live as the mavic now, no lag at all. Hasn't made too much difference in range unfortunately, but when sending the spark up for a quick photo at least it isn't embarrassing when everyone is looking at your screen and there is a lag haha, I get a super smooth feed now.

Check this out
to change from EC mode to FCC where the guys are getting a much better range. Thinking of giving it a go

Hi Gareth
Thanks for your reply
Did it never disconnect from the RC and ask if you wanted to initiate RTM?

Can you post the flight data here for those?

Maybe bars are seen only when app device is connected directly to spark?
No, I use the RC and can see the bars and change between custom / auto and pick a channel between 1-13 for 2.4ghz with phone connected to RC and RC to the spark.

OK than this is not the case. As said, I'm just curious about why I can't see channel bars.
Since you are obviously flying in CE mode and CAN see them, it still could be because of fake gps trick to enable FCC mode I used on official app.

Well same issue here. It has to be an issue with RC as I see the bars when I connect my device directly to the Spark's wifi. But when I try to connect to the RC's wifi(which is binded to the Spark as it is the Combo), it connects fine but no channel bars and signal is weak.

Hi Gareth
Thanks for your reply
It's your phone my Samsung galaxy s8 doesn't do 5.8 WiFi so my spark always stays in 5.8. European mobiles have always done this.

Last edited:
2,4 Ghz is what all mobiles work with. 5,8 ghz is the problem which is just supported by iphones. The wifi band you see in Go4 is the Spark-Remote connection.

Btw: 1-11 channels = FCC, 1-13 channels = CE
The connection to choose is the spark-remote connection. If you use an android you can only use the 5,8ghz channels (139+) or use an otg cabel. The other wifi band is automatically for the phone connection

Last edited:
2,4 Ghz is what all mobiles work with. 5,8 ghz is the problem which is just supported by iphones. The wifi band you see in Go4 is the Spark-Remote connection.

Btw: 1-11 channels = FCC, 1-13 channels = CE
Yes thats what I meant the spark controller can't use 2.4 GHz because our phones won't let it. So I'm presuming that's why the WiFi bar won't show

So i had this issue where i had no channel bars showing at all.Drone would fly fine though.It only said i was on 5.8ghz.Nothing else and i couldn't change it. I was using OTG or WIFI only and i had no channels showing in both cases.Well I found the fix in my case.I use a Nvidia Shield tablet. I had to untick the "location" icon in the notification bar at the top(i believe it's the same as the GPS icon on other devices). Then I power on the Spark, then RC. I connect the Nvidia to the RC through its wifi signal and open DJI Go 4. It connects. I go in the WIFI settings and waited about 5-10 secs.And voila, the channel bars appear!! I then connected my OTG cable, not before (first to RC then to Nvidia) and the bars were still there and i could even change frequencies/channels.
No clue why the Location button had an incidence on the Channel bars/frequency.

One post is enough Giantprawn60.

Too many posts concerning the same subject on different threads is kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

Someone will help you soon.

In the meantime, use the search function of this Forum and research the results to find something that may help you.

Be patient and have a nice day.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe