Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Novice Pilot Meets Dumb Luck

GeoM1

Join
Jan 23, 2019
My buddy and I concluded a 12 day tour from Astoria, OR to Missoula, MT reverse following the Glacial Lake Missoula Flood of 15000 years ago. M1 flights each day gaining perspectives we couldn’t.
On the last day we flew M1 to get the view looking across “Lake” Missoula to show that all below was under water (amazing). Returning to home my friend said, “Land on that high Lake level stone marker and I’ll buy morning’s mocha”.
I missed by an inch. If he’d offered me an IPA that night I’d have made it. Ha!
Editing cleaned up the flight but it was a good bit of dumb luck to approach and decent square on, 1 try. Ha!

Amazing story.

Do you have a link to share?

Be mindful when landing in a different spot, that becomes your new Home Point when the Spark launches again, so RTH would go there and not your original spot.

Amazing story.

Amazing story.

Be mindful when landing in a different spot, that becomes your new Home Point when the Spark launches again, so RTH would go there and not your original spot.

Ha, Oops ?

And thanks for the reminder. I do always turn Spark and controller off when landing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef