Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable stopped working

DavidBlezard

Join
Jan 26, 2019
Did you get the message “this device might not be supported” message when you attached the RC to the IOS device?

I have been using an OTG cable and now when I try to start up DJI Go 4 on iPad or iPhone the app only wants to connect with WiFi not the cable. I have turned on USB devices on both iOS devices, firmware on SPark is v01.00.1000 Latest version according to DJI Assitant. The cable is Amazon.com: Anbee Nylon Braided OTG Cable 8.14 inch for DJI Mavic Pro/Maivc Air/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom/Spark Drone, Fits iOS Cellphone and Tablets: Cell Phones & Accessories.

Any ideas?

If your cable worked fine previously and nothing else has changed it may be damaged internally.

If the cable gets kinked or pinched even briefly it can damage the wires or shielding. There will be no visible signs of damage on the outside. So if playing around with settings and connections doesn't work you might try a new cable.
The one sold on Amazon by RCgeeks works great for me and only costs around $8-10.

Did you get the message “this device might not be supported” message when you attached the RC to the IOS device?
I used to get that message with my phone. Now, nothing happens. GO app just waits at “Enter Devive”. IOS version 12.1.4 Latest on both devices. I have also enables USB device in the security section. Cable is braided and does not look crimped anywhere.

If your cable worked fine previously and nothing else has changed it may be damaged internally.

If the cable gets kinked or pinched even briefly it can damage the wires or shielding. There will be no visible signs of damage on the outside. So if playing around with settings and connections doesn't work you might try a new cable.
The one sold on Amazon by RCgeeks works great for me and only costs around $8-10.

Thanks. Maybe I’ll just buy another one. My door step is lonely, it has been at least two days since I bought anything form Amazon :).

Do you know about smile.amazon.com ? You get Amazon to donate to a charity evert I need you buy something.

Reactions: hscrugby
I used to get that message with my phone. Now, nothing happens. GO app just waits at “Enter Devive”. IOS version 12.1.4 Latest on both devices. I have also enables USB device in the security section. Cable is braided and does not look crimped anywhere.

Cable could look perfectly fine on the outside but still be damaged internally. Black or braided cables will conceal crimps and thermal damage. Your cable is not making a connection at all if you don't even get "Device Not Supported" message.

If all else fails a new cable is often cheap and easy fix

If you dont get the message then safe to assume cable might be bad. I am on ios 12.1.4 and have similar cable. I do have same cable but for android fon.

Cable could look perfectly fine on the outside but still be damaged internally. Black or braided cables will conceal crimps and thermal damage. Your cable is not making a connection at all if you don't even get "Device Not Supported" message.

If all else fails a new cable is often cheap and easy fix

I bought a new OTG cable. Works fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I bought some new cables made by a company called ( ANKER) It seems good as I have been using them for 500 flights and they are still working good

I started having the same issue on Thursday the 14th of March with my Android tablet. There was a software update and the cable then stopped working I flew yesterday for 2.5 batteries, the tablet disconnected and after I restarted everything it worked again.

Today was a total waste of time trying to get the cable to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav