Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Petition DJI for ATTI mode

Stevef1

Join
Aug 31, 2017
just a thought, has anyone ever setup a petition for changes to DJI software?
I was thinking adding ATTI mode on a switch and OTG as standard for the spark, if enough get behind it they might listen... or not :)

What’s your thoughts?

just a thought, has anyone ever setup a petition for changes to DJI software?
I was thinking adding ATTI mode on a switch and OTG as standard for the spark, if enough get behind it they might listen... or not :)

What’s your thoughts?

Good luck with that.

Playing Devil's Advocate, why would DJI want ATTI mode? Being less automated, people are more likely to accidentally or intentionally hit the ATTI mode switch, have a panic attack and crash. This will make people feel less happy about the DJI brand and product and potentially increase warranty claims. While I do think it'd be nice to have the ability for practicing non-gps flight, I can see why DJI might not find the idea appealing.

Reactions: Sparkbart
+1
Being a long-time DJI drone owner, they used to make their earlier drones ATTI mode capable. You should have seen the message boards/forums back then. People crashing their drones cause they didn't know they were in ATTI mode, people crashing cause they didn't really understand what ATTI mode did or didn't do. People swearing up and down their drone crashed and they weren't even in ATTI mode...

While I think ATTI mode is a good idea for an experienced drone pilot, you have to remember who or what demographic the Spark is targeted for; People new to drones; people who wanted an easy and simple "selfie drone" (thats why the hand gestures and the ability to fly without a remote); people who wanted a "relatively" inexpensive drone...

The do offer ATTI mode for the more advanced or "expensive" DJI drones...

Playing Devil's Advocate, why would DJI want ATTI mode? Being less automated, people are more likely to accidentally or intentionally hit the ATTI mode switch, have a panic attack and crash. This will make people feel less happy about the DJI brand and product and potentially increase warranty claims. While I do think it'd be nice to have the ability for practicing non-gps flight, I can see why DJI might not find the idea appealing.

ATTI would be nice to have to practice control for when the drone does it automatically.

That said, there have been many many requests for it over on the official DJI forum, to which they have said over and over "not going to happen".

Not so sure about having Atti Mode. It is not for the beginner, which the Spark is, and VLOS is a definite must... I fly primarily in S-Mode and ensure I have constant vision at all times. Lose vision in Atti Mode and you lose your Spark!!

And what’s even worse is running into a skyscraper, someone’s house, car or heaven forbid a persons pet, or a bystander. I’ve seen time and time again so called “experienced” pilots losing control with their drone being 1 mile to 2 miles away. With more and more drones being flown, and the technology being available to just about anyone, the potential is there for more daring stunts to be performed, and of course more crashes due to stupidity or over confidence.

There are good enough reasons not to do this. Especially the Spark can be taken away by wind easier than other DJI drones. After a certain altitude it's not easy to see which direction the drone is facing or how to react if a wind gust takes your drone a few meters away. It's safer for drone pilots and others when they are locked in GPS. I don't even see the benefits of ATTI mode since you can practice flying in GPS mode as well.

Ditto! I think the only time I saw the need is flying underneath a bridge or thru a tunnel. The way it is now, don’t attempt it. When going out of GPS and going into atti mode. The lil sucker will drift wildly from side to side. And unless you’re flying in Sportmode which some more advanced pilots have done, you won’t make it thru without some extreme heart palpitations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast