Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Potential buyer for DJI Spark

What are you doing with your batteries? Mine do 15min each.. 13 with crazy winds or sportmode.

I preordered the first day and I was still running the original FW. I had some time to kill, so I flew her in a parking lot (empty) threw two batteries.

I have to say, that battery FW must have done something because I flew for about 30 minutes on those flights. Given the lack of scenery (used to nature vs. buildings and homes), it lasted longer than I really wanted. LOL.

I ended up flying around in sport mode and was practicing some aggressive flying between and around big trees. The wind was also crazy. So, I take back my battery comment.

Now, I figured that I would also play with activetrack and gesture controls at the same time. Absolutely horrible.

1. Gesture control did not seem to work as stated in their manual and videos. I had previously used it (pre FW update and indoors) and it did work to some degree. However, in this case I had the RC connected, so maybe that is the issue. I was able to get it to bind to me, but that was it. Once it flew away and back, but it would not consistently accept the command(s).
2. Active Track is a lot worse than the MP version - or maybe this is a FW thing.

2: I know someone will hit me on this, but I never read the ActiveTrack section of the manual for the Spark. I was interested in this for my Mavic and that was almost a year ago - I used it once and never again. So, with that said:

a. It was soo slow that it would constantly lose me no a light jog
b. If you go behind a tree trunk/bush it loses you and rarely picked me back up
c. You cannot record a video when in this mode or maybe I messed up and you cannot start active track with a video already going. So, I will need to retest.
d. Even when walking in a strait line it sometimes just lost me. I will not even go into performing a slight turn.

Again, it could be user error, but I gave up after my 2nd battery was shot: about 8 minutes of playing with AT.

One of the best ways to minimize risk is to understand your spark. The flashing LEDs are always ways telling you something. Knowing what the spark is trying to communicate will help you avoid risky situations. For instance you want to be paying attention to your GPS lock. If the dji app tells you that the spark is entering "atti" more then you should try to land as quick as possible. "Atti" mode is whhen the spark doesn't have a GPS lock or compass calibration issues and it is not sure where it is. This can happen if you are flying around a lot of metal (though you would know way before). Getting back on point, read as much s you can and really understand what is gk ing on both with your spark and thhe world around you. There is never a guarantee that nothing will go wrong but you can do a lot to help prevent it

The spark is my first drone and I love it, you've lots of info on YouTube with set up tips etc.. I flew my spark where it disconnect from the controller and since I had set my return to home (RTH) it flew back to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar