Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

PTGui and what the authorities may be thinking about your drone activity

MySpark53

Join
Nov 6, 2018
PTGui seems to make the best of some of my windy next to the water spheres about 40 miles from where I live.
Salisbury beach
Sharing my new 360-degree photo ?
I practiced (drone flying and before buying PTGui) over the local harbor which is on the fringe of a local University less than a mile away.

Corresponding with the schools security adminstrative assistant :

"I've been making a few drone photo spheres in the local area. I hope my activity is not a problem for SSU.
Salem sky - night - B&W
Jeggle Island sphere360
Tedesco CC

I received a response not long thereafter from the:
"ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY
UNIVERSITY POLICE DEPARTMENT"

His response says:
"I appreciate you providing us with a heads-up on your flight pattern; however, before you proceed flying I will need to clear this with our risk management team and general counsel offices to ensure compliance with all university, local, state and federal regulations. Our concern is the safety, security and privacy of our community members. I will contact you with my findings. Have a peaceful holiday weekend."

I liked the night shot in black and white.

Although we live in a world of color, there's a night life in the shadows of darkness.

"ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY
UNIVERSITY POLICE DEPARTMENT"

I will need to clear this with our risk management team and general counsel offices to ensure compliance with all university, local, state and federal regulations. Our concern is the safety, security and privacy of our community members. I will contact you with my findings.

"Director of Public Safety" has concerns about public safety. Not too surprising there.

But also raised issue of security and privacy of students. And involving university police, risk management department, and legal counsel office. Must first confirm compliance with university regulations, local regulations, state regulations, and federal regulations.

Nice of you to inform then of your activity. You definitely have their attention now. :)

I liked the night shot in black and white.

Although we live in a world of color, there's a night life in the shadows of darkness.

I have my grandmother's old Kodak camera which shot in B&W and created all of the images of now deceased ancestors that I've seen.
I have a fascination with coastal real estate, etc. which can be seen in more detail from above.
Before learning about the potential for stitching flaws from moving clouds I took a nice coastal shot (I like it) last fall. I'm going through all of my older sphere attempts with PTGui to archive the better looking ones.
Here is a Cove in Manchester by the sea.
In B&W
Kettle Cove - B&W

In color - no color grading
Kettle Cove

The cost of real estate is staggering to contemplate. I took an officially sanctioned scuba diving course on the beach just south in the picture and a wreck diving course (about 1991)on an island just off shore bearing a few timbers (shallow dive) and various small metallic objects (nails?) reported as from the shop of Paul Revere.

Reactions: Spark 317
I have my grandmother's old Kodak camera which shot in B&W and created all of the images of now deceased ancestors that I've seen.
I have a fascination with coastal real estate, etc. which can be seen in more detail from above.
Before learning about the potential for stitching flaws from moving clouds I took a nice coastal shot (I like it) last fall. I'm going through all of my older sphere attempts with PTGui to archive the better looking ones.
Here is a Cove in Manchester by the sea.
In B&W
Kettle Cove - B&W

In color - no color grading
Kettle Cove

The cost of real estate is staggering to contemplate. I took an officially sanctioned scuba diving course on the beach just south in the picture and a wreck diving course (about 1991)on an island just off shore bearing a few timbers (shallow dive) and various small metallic objects (nails?) reported as from the shop of Paul Revere.

I think a Brownie Box camera or two still exists in our family tree of relatives.

That's cool about the scuba diving. I like to keep my head above water.
Too much stuff bigger than me down there.:oops:

Reactions: Highflyer
Too much stuff bigger than me down there

A recent drone video of a whale off Race Point in Cape Cod made the news recently.

It's a nice video....If one Google's the use of drones at interesting places like National Forests, National Parks and the National Seashore along Cape Cod one learns it is illegal......so one might speculate that the drone was launched from a boat?

Having parked a car at Race Point on several occasions in the past I've seen the fin back whales blowing air/vapor just offshore at certain times of the year. It was so tempting that I took the whale watching boat from Provincetown for an up close look at a few. George's bank is just few miles off shore and is a productive and regulated fishing area which whales would pass near to when migrating north around Cape Cod.

Reactions: Spark 317
I found out yesterday that Salem's Friendship was returned to port at Derby Wharf from Gloucester after over a year of hull repairs at over one million dollars.
The harbor was dredged before it left for repairs and the channel follows out to sea as seen here. It bumped the dock on it's return in a piloting mishap.
Screenshot_20190423-151358-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast