Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pulling Quality Stills From Video?

PROPS2YOU

Join
Aug 28, 2019
Hello Fellow Sparkers!

Diving into the software/post side of things and cannot find solid info as to how to pull full quality stills from videos. Seems it would be much more efficient to simply record flights and go back and pull images from the vids?

How is this commonly done, with preservation of the image quality as well (not clipping or screenshot)? Is photoshop the answer or are there native apps/programs for windows that can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P2Y

Hello PROPS2YOU. I believe most video editing programs have this feature. I have used Magix Video programs for many years and you simply scrub the video to the picture you want and export it as a JPG.

Most NLE's can step frame by frame... and can export stills. What are you using? 1920 by 1080 is all you are going to get from screen grabs, but if you are shrinking that into some other medium its going to look acceptable on most screens. For print, that's another story.

Hello Fellow Sparkers!

Diving into the software/post side of things and cannot find solid info as to how to pull full quality stills from videos. Seems it would be much more efficient to simply record flights and go back and pull images from the vids?

How is this commonly done, with preservation of the image quality as well (not clipping or screenshot)? Is photoshop the answer or are there native apps/programs for windows that can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P2Y
I often upload video to my iPhone for basic edits. It’s easy to scroll through a video frame by frame and get a screen capture.

Reactions: PROPS2YOU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast