Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RAM size for mobile?

Chaz2b

Join
Jan 1, 2019
What is the minimum size of RAM to give good video on a mobile used for the Spark? It seems this is quite an issue for choosing what mobile to use.

Chaz

High res video in written direct to memory card in drone. Mobile is streaming live (and believe lower red) video to assist with flying. So the mobile hardware does not impact the final video, and i doubt RAM had much impact on the streaming image. CPU and quality of the connection to RC (use OTG cable!) would be bigger factors. I use an old Samsung s7 and get great results.

Reactions: Chaz2b
What is the minimum size of RAM to give good video on a mobile used for the Spark? It seems this is quite an issue for choosing what mobile to use.

Chaz

No. That's not how it works... The Spark's video feed to the RC that the phone ultimately displays and caches is low resolution (720) regardless of how much RAM your phone has. All modern phones should be able to handle that mediocre quality

Chaz

The 2GB 6" tablet I use works fine. It has 32GB.of flash storage for caching. It's dedicated for use with the RC, so there's very little else installed on it.

You are referring to the Vizio XR6P10 tablet or a different one?

That's the one. I figured that it's not a mainstream tablet so it really made little sense to refer to it by name.

The HTC One M8 IS 2GB as well and works fine. The screen is a lot smaller than the Vizio's, so it's my emergency backup.

That's the one. I figured that it's not a mainstream tablet so it really made little sense to refer to it by name.

The HTC One M8 IS 2GB as well and works fine. The screen is a lot smaller than the Vizio's, so it's my emergency backup.

Just by coincidence somebody offered my that Vizio - good to know it will work with Sparky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme